Home Cinema setup

kelmark01

Novice Member
Hi
I am a new member and i was hoping for some advice. I have converted my garage into a home cinema come games room for my son. I bought a Pioneer lx59 receiver
and also purchased 2 front speakers, centre speaker, subwoofer, 2 surround speakers, 2 surround back speakers and 4 ceiling speakers. So after some reading i wanted to set this up as 7.1.4. My problem seems to be that when i check the manual the only way i can get the 4 ceiling speakers to work is to use pre out to another receiver and wire the second set of ceiling speakers to the new receiver. If somebody could give me some advice as to which receiver to buy that would not be too expensive, I would like it to be another pioneer. Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 39241

The Pioneer LX59 is a 9 channel receiver with processing for 11 channels. As you say, you need to use the pre-outs to add not another receiver but a 2 channel amp.

The Behringer A800 would be ideal, and very good value.

As above, you just need a 2 channel power amp for the extra channels (impressed to see you are going large straight from the off!) It doesn't need to be a Pioneer, as it will only be driving the subtle rear atmos speakers - you will not notice an tonal differences.

I don't know anything about the Behringer, but I would respectfully suggest that 800W would be a slight overkill! I would go for something around 100-200W max.

The Pioneer LX59 is a great sounding AVR, but it can be a bit quirky to set up and get used to, I am sure if you run into problems someone on here will be able to help.

D

Deleted member 39241

I don't know anything about the Behringer, but I would respectfully suggest that 800W would be a slight overkill!
Why do you think it is 800 watts?

These are the specs:

Output Power: 2 x 400 W at 4 Ohm / 2 x 220 W at 8 Ohm / 1 x 800 W at 8 Ohm (bridged)

However, too much power isn't really a thing, as it will all be controlled by the master volume of the AVR.

Why do you think it is 800 watts?

These are the specs:

Output Power: 2 x 400 W at 4 Ohm / 2 x 220 W at 8 Ohm / 1 x 800 W at 8 Ohm (bridged)

However, too much power isn't really a thing, as it will all be controlled by the master volume of the AVR.

Just going by the headline numbers in your post: "The Behringer A800 is a versatile, highly efficient 800W Class-D amplifier".

As I say, i know nothing about it, but the headline power figure looks a trifle misleading. 220W x 2 is a much more realistic number to work with as an additional power amp.

kelmark01

Novice Member
Hi. Many thanks for the response to my question. yes my head is spinning with all the settings on the pioneer. I have all the initial settings done to get sound coming out where it should be but it is good to know that i can get help on here. I have kept all the speakers the same they are made by Polk and the sound is great up to now. My next step is to get the other 2 ceiling speakers working. Now that i have an idea what amp to get. Many thanks again.

D

Deleted member 39241

Just going by the headline numbers in your post: "The Behringer A800 is a versatile, highly efficient 800W Class-D amplifier".

As I say, i know nothing about it, but the headline power figure looks a trifle misleading. 220W x 2 is a much more realistic number to work with as an additional power amp.
The 800 watt figure is if bridged into a mono amp. Plenty more info about it if you click on the link or search online. Z Review on You Tube has done an in-depth review and Audio Science Review have bench tested it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom