Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Home Cinema Setup Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by hussein_787, Aug 26, 2005.

1. hussein_787

hussein_787

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just brought a new Wharfedale HT6180 dvd home cinema system which came with 5 speakers and a subwoofer, I have got everything connected just fine and it is working. I also have a Sony widescreen TV, an NTL Digital Pace Box, and a Mitsubishi M1000 VHS player. The only time I can use the Cinema surround sound is when I am a watching a DVD. I would prefer if I could use the surround sound when watching a Video and watching my Digital TV as well. How would I go about doing this so that I can listen to surround sound when watching my digital tv channels.

Thanks in advance

Hussein

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Hussein

Does the Wharfdale have the ability to asign sound modes to each input? Check the set-up menu which should have a sub-menu for sound options

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    Moved to all in one systems :)

4. Helterskelter

Helterskelter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can only hear what is presented.
    Tv progs are not all in 5.1 (stereo most of the time or if you are lucky a modern film will have the 5.1 broadcast as well)
    Tape is stereo at best.
    You need a processor or amp/receiver that will synthesise surround when it isnt present in the original material.

eddie