Answered Home Cinema setup for £5000

MonsterInABoX

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some adivce on setting up a home cinema from scratch with a budget of around £5000. I'd like some feedback on the below components I'm currently thinking of purchasing, if I've got the ratio of cost right, and how much I should be spending/suggestions on cabling, projector screen, and a blu ray player

Speakers - £1490 - Monitor Audio Bronze B5 AV

Amp - £795 - Yamaha RX-A850

Projector - £1443 - Epson EH-TW7200

Motorized projector screen (sits flush in the ceiling) - TBD

Blu Ray player -TBD

Cabling - TBD

Thanks in advance

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I would try to put a bit more towards the speakers with that amp and hence would go for the Silver range if possible. If you went for a system based around the silver 1 or 2 with a BK Electronics sub you would not be far off the cost of the Bronze system but would have better quality speakers.
You have a good budget so make sure you go listen to a few options first so you get what you like. Although MA speakers always get good reviews I have never been that impressed with them and prefer makes like Focal instead. Hence you really need to listen for yourself.
For a bluray player there is no need to spend anymore than around £100 or so to be honest.
Cabling, there is no need to go mad on this. Would not spend more than around £10 for a HDMI cable unless going for a very long one and even then no need to spend a fortune. Speaker cable should be around £2 per metre but can get cheaper, just get 2.5mm oxygen free copper cable and you will be fine so no need to go for fancy names etc. Van Damme Blue or Fisual are often recommended on here and certainly no need to spend more than these are.

Last edited:
A ps4 is a good disc player, plus you get a games consol too.

The speaker and amp combo is nice potentially go for the 6's instead of 5's though?
As PSM stated the silver range would be better, but would increase the cost a fair bit.
Possibly look at the kef Q700 range as well.
I'm using the RXA830 and MA silver 6's 5.1 setup myself and it does sound brilliant.
Only motorised in ceiling screen I've used is the one by SapphireAV, think the model is SESC*** (depending on size) but found the image to be good.
Bluray I'd wait a month or so and see how the newest ranges come out, higher level Panasonic or Sony should be adequate enough depending on how much budget you have left, so I'd look at your cables first.
Recently upgraded to the Qed Xt40 cable myself and it is great cable, but will cost a lot for your rears at £10 p/m
Make sure you get a decent active HDMI cable, lots of people don't and the cable either fails or just simply doesn't pass 1080p down it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom