1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema setup - advice needed!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by electrify_dizz, Apr 25, 2003.

1. electrify_dizz

electrify_dizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

A few months ago I bought a Toshiba multi region DVD player. At the moment I have it set up through my Cambride Audio A5 stereo system. As you can guess, this is a temporary measure!!!

Basically, I am looking to spend around £500 with which I want a proper amp/receiver for surround sound, as well as 5 speakers (I will be looking to get a sub at some point, but I am going to be moving house, and dont want to get one until I know i have the space to justify it!!!)

I was hoping for some advice!! I am looking at getting the Eltax Liberty 5 speaker package, and a yamaha amp, however I am looking around at the moment, and was wondering what fellow users would advise!!!

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    I'd go for something like this:-

Amp (£250):-

http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=206426

Speaker(£250):-

http://www.qed-uk.com/?i=0_Gk3o09pCsk&vp=6&bg=216&bp=cin71b&bi=0

but your better off auditioning some kit to see what your own tastes are. I can vouch for the yammy amp since I had one before I upgraded to my denon likewise with the missions. Shop around though and don't forget that subwoofer when you have the funds. Uncle eric will sort u out with a sub when you have the readies I'm sure. The cht-10 is great but There's a smaller cheaper velodyne sub available now.

good huntimg:devil:

3. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Sent you a PM and email

Regards

Graham