Home Cinema set up - PS3 Query

ThatRabGuy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Heya All,

Im planning on buying an Epson EB-X9 LMP Projector.

Main reason I would like a projector is to connect to my PC and my PS3/WiiU. I am not too concerned about having them all coneccted at once.

It seems PC will connect via USB, nice and easy. I am not sure how the PS3/WiiU would connect?

I think I would need an additional cable but after having a look round the internet I am not too sure any more.

Any suggests or advice would be great!

Many thanks,

Rob

How would your pc connect via usb?
This pj is designed for classroom or office duties so won't be ideal for ps3 or wii u, where are you planning to use it?

Last edited:
The Projector Manual says it is plug and play with USB for PC.

It would be used in my livingroom, sat on a table pointed at a pale painted wall.

Main motivators got wanting this model is the price and how cheap the bulbs are to replace. Apart from not having the HDMI socket it seems pretty good.

That being said im new to this so very open for suggestions for alternate models.

Thanks!

Rob

I think you will find that this is not going to be suitable for a living room, data projectors like these will light up your living room like black pool.
You need a home cinema projector to be honest, what's your budget?

Thanks very much for your reply. Ive got a budget of around £350-ish...

Hi and welcome to AVForums.

With that kind of budget you can pickup a pretty decent second hand home cinema projector from here if you don't mind not buying new. The classified section on AVF is pretty good and in my experience the sellers are generally trustworthy and with most of us being enthusiasts (geeks!) the kit is normally well looked after.

If you're intent on buying new then you can probably do better than a data projector and with buying a home cinema projector you are more likely to expect:
* HDMI inputs (easy to hook up your PS3 and WiiU)
* relatively quiet
* a more cinematic colour setup
* less light leakage from around the projector
* but... likely to need a darker environment to get the best out of it

It has been some time since I've been in the market for a PJ (I bought a Themescene H78 years ago for £300 and still love it) but off the top of my head a second hand Mitsubishi HC5500 will give you quiet, 1080p with multiple HDMI inputs but you might need to hunt around to get it within your budget.

If you do your research (and this site is an excellent place to start) no doubt you will find projector heaven like the rest of us!
No doubt others will wade in with advice as well. Good luck!

Heya,

Thanks very much for the detailed reply, really appreciate you taking the time.

Think Ill look in to finding a decent second hand model...

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom