Question Home Cinema Seats - DBOX

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by KILLER NADS, Jan 14, 2016.

1. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the correct area or not but couldn't find a Seats section in the forum (admins feel free to move to the correct section if there is one please).

Im actually after adding 2 single Cinema Seats to my home cinema and having DBOX installed.

Ive had a look around for a few weeks now, the prices are ridiculous within UK. With one supplier charging over £10k per seat! However, i did some digging around and found that Canada can supply them for around $8k each, which is substantially less!!!

Now the problem is that customs/vat will come into play and increase the price somewhat.

Hence, the next best option i could think of was to import the DBOX system for two seats from Canada but buy the Home Cinema Seats from a reputed premium seat seller here in UK. When the dbox system arrives, i could just send him the kit and they could just install it for me on the seats.

Does anyone have any views on this? Is this the best option you also see for me?

Lastly, does anyone know of any top companies that do cinema seatings for home cinemas here in UK, preferably in London. So that i can start looking at the seats available and maybe talking to them about the DBOX?

Ive come across some very well known american brands such as fortress-seating, Jaymar, Palliser etc...

Thanks.

2. cmclean

cmclean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Fortress is relatively common here in the high end cinema seat range and is typically paired up with DBOX in my experience

3. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Yep I've come across fortress but thought they were usa only and front row seats I've seen in uk.

Do you know any uk retailers that do fortress?

4. Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I'm guessing that cmclean is in fact American and living in the USA - although I stand to be corrected.

5. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    any suggestions for UK?

6. DLoop

DLoop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Fortress and D-Box is distributed in the UK by Pulse Cinema. They will be able to advise of a stockists near you. Home

7. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Okay thanks, yep I've come across Fortress. A retailer called HiFi Cinema, are doing them but at ridiculous prices. They are above £4k for a single seat and then Dbox price on top :(