Home Cinema Seating

Not sure about any bolts. Mines a long 5 sweater module and didn't need any bolts. Hope everything turns up ok for you.

Ahh, I see what I've done, I saw the bolt, no other paperwork, then checked on the website and found this PDF http://www.drinkstuff.com/files/pdf/cinema-assembly.pdf which I ASSUMED was to screw bolts in, but now I look at it properly they just slide over the two struts that are on the base of the chair.

That's just added to my confusion now. Curses.

Yeah that's it. Your back rest should just slide onto those stalks, push down a bit and that's it job done!

Yeah that's it. Your back rest should just slide onto those stalks, push down a bit and that's it job done!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, that's half the job done, just hope the massager remote turns up somewhere..

No probs. I'm just sitting in mine now having a massage :)
I've just had my room featured in this months Home Cinema Choice magazine and it has a nice shot of the seats too!

No probs. I'm just sitting in mine now having a massage :)
I've just had my room featured in this months Home Cinema Choice magazine and it has a nice shot of the seats too!

Oh get you! My confusion about this chair just gets worse. Firstly my plan to go through the skip to try and find the remote was scuppered when I discovered the skip was taken away this morning. Great. But thinking about it, the wired massage remote can't really be mistaken for anything that'd need to be thrown away can it? Was it in a box or plastic when it arrived so you might have not known what it was?

Also looking at the back of the chair this morning I can't see any brackets that would attach to the two metal prongs on the base of the chair, have I just been really unlucky and got a duff chair?

I'll post pictures later tap talk won't let me now.

Sigh.

That's really unusual. Ok send some pics when you can and I'll see if I can help.

First picture is the bottom of the chair and you can see the prongs where the back of the chair should slot into. The second picture is the bottom right of the chair back which doesn't seem to have anything to connect to the prongs. The last picture is the bottom left of the chair back, you can just about see a hole in the fabric (There isn't one on the other side), is that where the prongs should go? Or is that just a tear where the builders have tried to force it onto the bottom of the chair? Making a proper mountain out of a molehill probably.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 484
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 481
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 457
Wow that is strange, there should be slots for you to drop the back rests on to? Maybe you have been unlucky. Think you should send the pics to Tony.

Wow that is strange, there should be slots for you to drop the back rests on to? Maybe you have been unlucky. Think you should send the pics to Tony.
Oh "fiddlesticks".. I'll forward him the link here, he did say he'd taken a look here after I'd mentioned it. Thanks again for the advice Mr X, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it, I'll keep you informed.

A big thanks to Tony, fantastic service, seems like I was just really unlucky and got a duff back, he's sending a replacement one out Saturday delivery with another remote. If only everyone were as easy to deal with.

Glad it's getting sorted and how unlucky. Still, fantastic service from Tony as you say and as always.

Look forward to the assembled pics, at least it will be a doddle for you this time :smashin:

Not me AGAIN.. Anyway, the extension still isn't finished, but my over enthusiastic cleaner moved the chair ripping the power lead for the chair mechanism out of the wall, leaving the top plastic prong in the power point, I don't suppose anyone knows if I can just change that, it's a power brick of some sort? It's always something with me. Oh and the massage function doesn't seem to work, but then I can only find two plugs, one for the chair mechanism and another for the drinks cooler/heater?

Thanks

Chair should take any equivalent adaptor just make sure its the right voltage. There should be a socket for massage lead to be plugged into?

Hey guys. The seats from Drinkstuff... are they pocket sprung or foam filled? Are the frames metal or wood?

Well, I took the plunge and bought a single chair today. RRP is £1300 but got Tony to reduce the price to £1150. Didn't bother with the fridge as the cup/can holder has a built in cooler function and the fridge uses the storage box and I want to use that as is.

It's coming next week and Tony is delivering it personally to help me put it together and give me a demo. He was honest enough to say the courier probably wouldn't even put it inside my flat, only take it to the front door.

I got an offer from one of my credit cards today for a balance transfer, interest free until February 2015...so I can leave the money in the bank for another year. Bonus!

Tony was extremely helpful and quick to respond via email initially and then we talked over the phone. He confirmed the frame is constructed from metal and hardwood. He also said the chair base is a spring/foam combination.

I nearly bought the lazyboy cool 'cooler' chair from SCS at £1350. Has fridge, heated seat and massage... but manual recline, no heating/cooling cup holder, inferior non-scotchguarded leather and, by all accounts... poor build quality. Apparently lazyboy use compressed cardboard in the frames of their chairs?

I have three-seater and two-seater sofas in my lounge in brown leather, but the three-seater will go now, the two-seater in its place and my chair where the two-seater was. I went for black with the chair as I'm a bit fed-up with brown and thought black is a more neutral colour should I ever wish to sell it.

They also throw in the four outlet extension lead too.

Looking forward to receiving the chair.

Great choice and so much better the the lazyboy IMO.

Tony is a top guy and gives great customer service. Can't go wrong with black which is what I went for. Your backside is going to be very grateful!
Enjoy :)

Really glad I found this post. Ive been eyeing the DS seats for a while now. Tony sounds a top guy; is it simply a case of phoning and 'he' will answer or do I have to contact some other way? Looking to order a double with fridge and 2 singles with fridges (cold beer is the best thing to store!!) plus 3 extension leads. The quest for a projector is over given the arrival of the Epson EH-TW9200W, so just the sound system to worry about now......

My chair was delivered today by Tony and his assistant. Fantastic chair. I'm sitting in the chair as I type this, reclined, massage and heat on and a cold beer in the cooler... lovely after my 10-mile run this morning!

The front of the arm got scuffed a little when they were bringing it in but to be honest it isn't really noticeable. I pointed it out to Tony and he immediately apologised and offered a replacement or £50 refund. I'm taking the refund... so I've ended up getting £200 off the RRP of the chair.. . chuffed.

The chair is extremely well built and feels strong and robust. I love the little lights that illuminate when the heater/cooler is on. So glad I didn't go for the fridge as using the storage space is great for putting stuff in. My 10.1-inch tablet fits inside it with ease. There's even a place for a wine bottle!

Very happy with the chair and the service I've received.

Really glad I found this post. Ive been eyeing the DS seats for a while now. Tony sounds a top guy; is it simply a case of phoning and 'he' will answer or do I have to contact some other way? Looking to order a double with fridge and 2 singles with fridges (cold beer is the best thing to store!!) plus 3 extension leads. The quest for a projector is over given the arrival of the Epson EH-TW9200W, so just the sound system to worry about now......

If you go to the main website drinkstuff.com, just give the a call and ask for Tony regarding the home cinema seating and you should get straight through.

Just a quick update on my chair. I managed to almost get rid of the scuff mark on the arm of the chair. I used some car interior leather cream.

As a result Tony has upped my refund amount from £50 to £80. Amazing customer service once again.

Chair is amazing too!

Any showrooms in London where I can have a look at these chairs? I wanna pull the trigger this week if I like them. Many tx

Hi I thought i would post here seeing as though this is the section for seating, Im currently in the process turning one of my rooms into a dedicated cinema room, can anyone have a look at the photo I've attached, is there anywhere that does similar type of seats as to the one in the middle? Im looking at having two like this and a large sofa on a elevated platform. Any help would be great.
Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 18.21.05.png

Last edited:
Hi I thought i would post here seeing as though this is the section for seating, Im currently in the process turning one of my rooms into a dedicated cinema room, can anyone have a look at the photo I've attached, is there anywhere that does similar type of seats as to the one in the middle? Im looking at having two like this and a large sofa on a elevated platform. Any help would be great.
View attachment 624326

Hi,

The seat in your photo is from a company called Cine Italia, the model is called Lusso.

I'm guessing you know this - The photo you posted is on their website: Cine Italia Seating - Lusso

No idea what they cost but i see Harrods sell them - so presume they're expensive.

Cineak has a few models available:

Cineak are expensive though.
I checked out their seats at ISE show earlier this year, really nice but very expensive. Love the look of the Cosymo model but they didn't have this or the Intimo on display at the show.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom