Home Cinema room Setup Help from scratch

MrMontana

Standard Member
So here I find myself posting on the best forum I have ever seen in terms of amount of posts/pictures/creativity in ideas and I am not saying that to suck up or inflate your egos. The simple and plain fact is that this forum is amazing. Great work guys and keep it all up.

I moved over to the sunny island of cyprus and I am loving every minute of it. Married with a young toddler 2 years old in august.

I have seen projects by groove, force, indecisive and many others and have been inspired.

This is where you come in ;)

I will list my kit under section a).
I will list my possible future purchases in section b).
And finally, I will explain what I want to do and how I want to do it in section c). and hopefully I can get some invaluable advise from you all.

A).
LG 60px990 tv (in container on it's way)
Sony 810 receiver
Boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1 (I think that's the name) white
Xbox
Dreambox(no sky plus over here)
Cheap DVD player at the mo.
A room ready for a makeover

B).
Looking for a wireless network media solution to play music/videos, etc. Don't have a clue what to look for, seen reviews on sonos/sony's S-AIR/squeezebox/WD any suggestions?
Wireless/dimmable light switches (LE grand?)
Rope light/Led strip
Floating wall install
Besta ikea white units
Floating ceiling or similar to forces ceiling with spot lights

C). . . . .

Actually, this is where I'm slightly stuck. Where do I start? Cable routing and then Tv mounted on wall and build the floating wall around it? What happens when I want to add new/more units to the mix, how will I have access to the tv/how to route more cables behind the wall?

Any tips/help/advise on where to start, what networking solution/what wireless lights/etc :lease:will be great.

Rgds

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom