• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Home Cinema recommendations!

red81

Standard Member
Hi

I need help with finding a home cinema / sound system within a budget (I have no clue where to start! I already have a blu-ray player, so possibly one without will be great, but looking for a cinema system/speakers to plug in that also has an iPod dock? If its compatible with an Xbox that's great too.

My budget is £150- 250 max (would prefer lower end!)

Thanks for the help!

KensSound

Novice Member
Hi

I need help with finding a home cinema / sound system within a budget (I have no clue where to start! I already have a blu-ray player, so possibly one without will be great, but looking for a cinema system/speakers to plug in that also has an iPod dock? If its compatible with an Xbox that's great too.

My budget is £150- 250 max (would prefer lower end!)

Thanks for the help!
Good luck at that price band! Do you have a TV? Do you have an Amp? Do you want full surround? Will a Soundbar tickle your fancy or are you looking for 7.1?
We could all give you our preferences but it is YOUR preferences that should be considered.
Go to a good Hi Fi retailer and DEMO, DEMO, DEMO.

twoeyedbob

All your budget's gonna get you is a 'home theatre in a box',
And No-one on here is gonna recommend one of them,
Cos unless you live in a shoebox they are a complete waste of money......
Better starting with an av receiver and whatever speaker's your friends/family have lying about in the loft.
As funds allow you can start gathering up the rest of the system

Check richer sounds
Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom