home cinema recomendations

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by racing57, Sep 17, 2007.

1. racing57

racing57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i am moving into a new house next month and have been given a budget from the girlfriend of £300 for a home cinema system, i have been lucky enought to get a new Sharp Aquos 42" 1080p tv throught work ( we're technical partners for sharp ) at a reasonable price, so am looking for a system with DVD player with upscaling, usb or mp3 docking station and a radio tuner so we can use it as our hifi system as well..

i will proably upgrade my tv to a TV/PC system eventually, this is something we are working on at work, we actually take the back off the tv and intergrate a core 2 duo based PC into the tv, we make a new connection panel complete with usb, power and network points... am looking forward to browsing the net in HD.. :)

thanks in advance
    Lee

2. goose51

goose51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    racing,
    if you want an all in one system then have a look at the samsung ht-x250, has most of what you need minus the radio. a friend has this system in his living room (4m x 4m) and it fills it pretty well.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/554765/art/samsung/ht-x250-home-cinema-syste.html?srcid=867

or there is the sony dav-dz630, this does have the radio but not sure about the mp3 side of things.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DAV-DZ630-Cinema-System-Upscaling/dp/B000OQ3SUE#moreAboutThisProduct

goose:smashin:

3. racing57

racing57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks goose... the sony one is one that i had found, but was unsure if there is anything specific that i should be looking for...

Cheers
    Lee