1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema Query

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Matt123, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Matt123

Matt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I'm after a bit of advice. I've just bought a new TV (Sony KV32FQ86) and now want a Home Cinema Kit to go with it.

I'm looking at the SONY DAVSR1. I'm assuming it is better to go for Sony with the TV being a Sony? Is this a decent bit of kit? Is it straightforward to wire up as I'm a total loser at anything like that? :)

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    Moved to all in one systems :) .

:smoke:

3. dollby64

dollby64
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having owned a sr1 myself I wouldnt recommend one as I had picture trouble with mine, had it replaced with another sr1 with the same problems I was then told there were problems with this model and it needed a sony upgrade was sent back to the supplier for this and was then told it was mechanical unsound. I then bought a yamaha seperates system for about the same money and it out-performes the sr1 by a mile,well happy now

4. Matt123

Matt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went for the even cheaper DAVSB100 and I'm glad I did.

Very impressed with the sound quality and the ease of installation. My front room is only small - 14ft x 14ft - and this system suits us fine. Would recommend :thumbsup: