Home cinema projector needed

Eddie80

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a relative novice when it comes to buying higher quality projectors. I have bought a few cheaper in the past but for a different purpose.

My mum has decided to put a home cinema in a room of hers, and has asked for help buying a projector. I was hoping I might be able to get some advice.

She would like to spend around 1200 Euros on a high resolution projector to be mounted on the ceiling. the distance can vary between 1 metre to up to 4 metres if necessary. One more thing is that the ceiling is slanted, so if anyone can recommend a ceiling mount that would be great.

I'm not sure what other information to give, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks

In that price range i think Epson TW-7000 is your best bet. Do some googling on reviews there is plenty of them for this model. The new TW-7100 model costs around 1700€ and this one is on sale now. It also has horizontal and vertical lens shift which is god send when you setup it, those are usually found in more expensive units. In eco mode 24db so not too noisy either.

Amazon product ASIN B07XTWF3XV

Alternative options are Optomas there in Spain, but i think there was something about the colours and noisier which was driving me mad with Benq projector so personally i would gladly pay more to get silent one (TW-7100 does 20db in eco mode). Do some research these models.

You could also ask/search how much spare bulp costs cause there could be some big differences.. Bulp in my Benq lasted about half what was promised, you never know so prepare for the cost.

Do you have a floor plan and proposed seating layout for the room?

Joe

In that price range i think Epson TW-7000 is your best bet. Do some googling on reviews there is plenty of them for this model. The new TW-7100 model costs around 1700€ and this one is on sale now. It also has horizontal and vertical lens shift which is god send when you setup it, those are usually found in more expensive units. In eco mode 24db so not too noisy either.

Amazon product ASIN B07XTWF3XV

Alternative options are Optomas there in Spain, but i think there was something about the colours and noisier which was driving me mad with Benq projector so personally i would gladly pay more to get silent one (TW-7100 does 20db in eco mode). Do some research these models.

You could also ask/search how much spare bulp costs cause there could be some big differences.. Bulp in my Benq lasted about half what was promised, you never know so prepare for the cost.
Thanks very much for your help. We have been talking about putting it on a stand so have decided that low noise would be very important. I'mm looking at those models.

Do you have a floor plan and proposed seating layout for the room?

Joe
Hi Joe,

We're not looking at anything fancy in those terms. She has an L sofa and there will possibly be a couple of armchairs as well. We're looking at the projectors being around 3 metres from the screen.

Can I ask, if 1200 euros just for the projector or is that for the whole home cinema?

One thing to note is that projectors are usually just a display (some do have internal speakers but using these for sound is going to be uninspiring)

If you do have a sound system, what connections does it have? HDMI, Optical, etc...

As you have mentioned you are not looking for anything fancy, what is the size of your TV in the main viewing room.

If its a 50" then a 92" diagonal screen should be impressive enough. Regarding windows in the room, do also be aware that a projectors enemy is sun light, so you may also need to think about this area to

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom