• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Home Cinema - package or seperates?

anzfar

Hi all.

I finally have a Pioneer PDPLX5090!! Now I need a Bluray player and surround sound.

Im currently using my technics for sound but am looking for advice on whether to go for a home cinema kit or to go for seperates. I would really prefer to have everything pioneer.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to spend a bucket load but would rather get it sorted now so ive got something decent for a few years. Anything up to £800.

Cheers folks!!

dts197

Distinguished Member
With a plasma like that, definitely separates. Although without a plasma like that, I'd still recommend separates anyway!

I don't know much about Pioneer av receivers & speakers but am sure more knowledgable people on here can help. Or maybe a quick search on Google and post some things on here for advice on.

What makes you really want all Pioneer anyway? I'm sure you'll say because it will match but I don't think it really matters as long as it sounds good (and doesn't look horrible).

yelnek

Definitely seperates, you'll always get better quality from them and you can pick and choose what you want.
I can recommend the pio blu ray players though but you'll probably pick another make up a little cheaper leaving you some money for an amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom