Question Home cinema or...?

RandomEgo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Excuse me if i posted this in the wrong section.

I have a question. I'm thinking should i keep my home cinema or get soundbar as alternative for my problem.

Currently i have 5.1 Harman Kardon surround sound and i am completely satisfied with it sound wise. But i have a problem which is cabling. I have many cables and they are so long and create sort of chaos in my small room.

I have a really small room which is like 3 x 4 x 3 metres (10 x 13 x 10 feet?)

But i am someone who watches a lot of movies, series and plays games. So i enjoy the battlefield sounds from behind me or movies etc... But i am sort of in a pinch coz i have so many cables going through my small room now. And a 5.1 wireless surround sound is insanely expensive. So i was wondering getting a soundbar in my room being a better option? Or will i miss the feeling of my 5.1 surround sound?

Everytime i clean my room its like an extremely annoying thing. Or are 2.1 sets great now a days? My budget for a sound device lets say is 500-600 euro's i've saved it up since february 2016 that's when i got my harman kardon but sort of thought its better to start saving up for something new coz of the cables.

Configure your current receiver to be 2.1 and see if you miss the other speakers.

Thats smart or i'm just stupid :p It did make a huge difference feel wise like for real... even the small sounds (i used movies i watched more then once coz i enjoy sounds/scenery). So of course 5.1 is a lot better and more enjoyable. What about a soundbar vs 5.1? Coz its a small room and you have wireless soundbar's for like 500 euro's so that's not to expensive either. Or are there tricks for cabling properly? Because my current set-up is a PC with 3 screens 2 External Hard Drives A/V & 5.1 surround. I am trying to figure out a way so maybe you guys know some tricks regarding cabling? Should i buy shorter cables is that a possibility?

Some pictures showing how you have the cables etc. now would be useful. There are many ways to hide cables around a room from basic methods like covering with a rug, to using trunking around the side of the room or lifting the carpet/flooring and putting under it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom