Home Cinema?? No idea where to start tbh :suicide:

• Thread starter Deleted member 152499
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 152499

Hi all,

My first venture into the Home Cinema section of the forums, and wondered if you wouldn't mind giving me some basic 'feel' as to how to set up a new home cinema??

To give you a basic idea of my current setup, I have a Sharp 32" LCD TV, connected via it's one HDMI socket to an XBox 360 (that also doubles up as my upscaling DVD player)......and that's about it.

I've seen numerous pictures of other people's setups in the 'Show us your 360' threads, and some of the real nice ones have all sorts of speakers, as well as big(ish) silver/black boxes made by people like Marantz/Onkyo etc :confused:

There's sections in here for amps, recievers, and I'm finding it all a little confusing.

Basically, I'd like to set myself a project for 2008 to get some sort of home cinema setup.....I read Stuff magazine pretty much every month, and see all sorts of wonderful 5.1 sets, speakers, amps, woofers etc, but have no idea where to start, or what I should be buying (budget will be pretty restricted tbh).

Anyone able to give me an overview of what they would recommend??

Thanks in advance (and apologies for the potential noobish-ness of my query) :thumbsup:

I think I'm right in saying the base of a home cinema is the AV Receiver, into this you can connect some or all of your video and audio inputs, from Xbox, DVD, PS3 etc. The receiver then sends the video to your TV and audio to surround speakers. You use the receiver to select which input you wish to use.

I purchased my system about two years ago from Creative Audio. It came with Receiver, speakers, cables and instructions, so was very easy to set up.

hey well first off all, you need to decide wheather you want to keep you 32" or go up to a bigger size, you also need to decide weather to stay with a t.v or get your self a projector and then as mentioned above the a.v reciever comes next from there you can decide how loud you want it . i would recomend getting some good quality floor standing speaker with matching rear speaker and centre then go for a good subwoofer and hey presto your done

plz note i hav eonly mentioned the main aspects obv there is more to it such as wire hiding choice of cabling etc etc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom