Home Cinema Newie

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marcus28, Mar 23, 2001.

1. marcus28

marcus28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Have got the DVD player (Denon 3000, maybe old but does the job), got the Sound (Cyrus AV5 + amps), Speakers Kef, Cable TV and wait for it, a Ferguson 32" 4:3 TV. Spot the weak link anyone?

Having always wondered why I can't just buy a 36" monitor with no tuner, speakers etc to save money I have now realised that the only way up is Home Projector. Having read loads of reviews I feel a bit like someone getting their first mobile phone. Where to start.

Can someone please give me an indication of a realistic starting set up cost and recommend a projector for a 14 foot lounge (please don't go mad and say £5K). Tall walls and good width. Just needs to take the prerequisite DVD, Cable and urr okay games machine.

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,568
    Someone is selling a 6 month old Ellie for a couple of grand in the classifieds page.
    One of those plus a £500 screen and £250 installation (from Screens UK themselves) would be a great route to an 8 foot+ picture.