Quantcast

Home cinema newbie

Chuck1993

Novice Member
Hey guys and gals, I'm a newbie at home cinema and am looking to build a 2.1 system initially. I'm working with a budget of about £800 including the receiver. Looking for recommendations for the entire setup please. Fyi room approximately 3x2 m and sitting approx 6 feet from TV.

Last edited:

razy60

If your not stuck on 2.1 then Richer sounds, Peter Tyson, AVonline all have really good deals on 5.1 with an amp at under £800, or if there are other factors a sound bar may be what you're looking for.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Many ways you could go and depending on your seating/room layout a 2.0 or 2.1 system may be ideal as a long term solution vs. trying to shoehorn a 5.1, or other, Surround system into the room.

A floor plan/seating layout would be handy.

Joe

Chuck1993

Novice Member
The TV is in front of a bay window on a stand, chair is In the corner about 6 foot from tv. What combo receiver and speakers do you think?

shaun1495

Novice Member
Hi, i'm facing a problem at the moment...i decided to watch movies by connecting a USB external hdd to TV. The problem that i have is that the sound is coming out from the tv built-in speakers not from the receiver home cinema. I'm using HDMI in from tv and out to the receiver which is then connected to many different devices via hdmi. All of them work good but when i'm playing a video from the tv by USB the sound is coming out from the tv not the receiver.

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks, Shaun

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You usually have to 'tell' the TV which audio output to use, internal Speakers, Optical Out, ARC Out or Line Out (depending on your kit).

If your TV and AVR are both ARC capable you you send audio via the HDMI cable which connects the AVR to the TV - you first need to set CEC to On on both devices then configure the TV to ARC Audio Out.

Your TV HDMI Input may be a limiting factor in terms of the audio you can expect to send from the TV to the AVR as many TV's only support stereo audio on their HDMI Inputs. You may want to consider 'streaming' the movies using one of the other devices you have connected to the AVR!

List the make and model number of the TV, AVR and connected Source devices you have in your system.

Joe

Top Bottom