home cinema newbie amp requirements

r5kod

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have a basic all in one system, the Sony DAV300 and a hifi system with tape/minidisc/cd/radio in one unit, both using there own speakers. I think its about time I upgraded my setup to something of better quality but never going the seperates route before Im not sure about all the parts.

Im planning on going for a seperate sa-cd player, minidisc player, tape deck, dab radio unit, along with a new dvd player, speakers, keeping my current tv and freeview reciever. The problem im having is amps/recievers, in knowing what exactly I should be looking for, how many inputs/outputs I would need etc, im feeling quite lost/overwhelmed with the choices.

So, any basic information or advice on where to go or look next would be much appreciated, thanks.

I would say £400 is about right, i could push to a couple of hundred more if it was really going to be worth it. I take it it is acceptable to use the same speakers for home theatre as well as for cd/sacd/dab listening using this type of thing?

Richer sounds also had a model up from that for approx £600 if you wanted to have a little more, for instance it has THX too.

Phone around their stores and see what you can find, also try empire directs site

tris

thelight said:
I would say £400 is about right, i could push to a couple of hundred more if it was really going to be worth it.

Pushing a couple of hundred more into gets you THX certification if that interests you but most models will also have radios built in. If your willing to import from Germany you can get yourself a bargain.

thelight said:
I take it it is acceptable to use the same speakers for home theatre as well as for cd/sacd/dab listening using this type of thing?

Yes no problem.
:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom