Home Cinema/Lounge in-wall Kef Ci-5160

Today a few things did get wired up, but still no mains electricity for the lounge until tomorrow. The outdoor lights got installed, so that’s nice! Also our sideboard arrived, and Louise has been stripping it down so that it can be stained and varnished in a darker colour.

The sideboard will go behind the sofa, not block the centre speaker!

So it’s finally setup, these photos were taken during the day – there is no light leak from the blind behind – if the blind is open you cannot see light through screen, even when the PJ is off.

Blu-Ray

4K UHD

4K UHD

4K UHD – Dim Lighting

4K UHD – Full Lighting

Playstation 4 Pro

Looks great. The screen & LCR layout is very similar to mine. What ratio is your screen?

Looks great, what film will you be watching tonight?

Quite probably Ghost in the Shell (uhd), will also watch Blade Runner (uhd) before the weekend is up because we're going to see the latest at the cinema with a group of friends.

We won't typically go to the cinema anymore though :) and cancelled our cineworld unlimited memberships in January.

Want to play some games on it, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls - PS4 versions, played them before but - they should suit a more cinematic experience.

Quite probably Ghost in the Shell (uhd), will also watch Blade Runner (uhd) before the weekend is up because we're going to see the latest at the cinema with a group of friends.

We won't typically go to the cinema anymore though :) and cancelled our cineworld unlimited memberships in January.

Want to play some games on it, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls - PS4 versions, played them before but - they should suit a more cinematic experience.
Looking really good man. Very impressed. How is the bass response in the seating position?

Looking really good man. Very impressed. How is the bass response in the seating position?

The subwoofer amp has failed :) it may be a simple capacitor change - a friend may attempt the solder or i'll send it in. Doh!

Beyond Two Souls is in 2.35:1 that's awesome!!!

22555704_10159755205170227_7333951848449745921_o.jpg

I recommend getting some felt tape also for bottom of screen, added to mine and now screen completely disappears. (Over the white bar piece). Maybe try painting to match wall colour however with tape you can always peel off again.

Had it in place for around 3months and has not started to peel off etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anti-Squeak-Rattle-Self-Adhesive/dp/B00CI6CTIA

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It is completely backwards compatible. You did the right thing by running the Cat7 which will eliminate your Hdmi 4K issue.
I thought 4K was limited to 8bit with HDBT.

So it’s finally setup, these photos were taken during the day – there is no light leak from the blind behind – if the blind is open you cannot see light through screen, even when the PJ is off.

Blu-Ray

4K UHD

4K UHD

4K UHD – Dim Lighting

4K UHD – Full Lighting

Playstation 4 Pro
Very nice, what screen is that?
I agree black felt on the bottom bar will make a big difference.

So Louise has stripped down a sideboard and stained and varnished it, it started pretty orange but it’s a nice dark colour now. She’s also been planning her art for the walls and I hung them this evening.

Looks superb. Very well done. Now hopefully you can relax for a bit and enjoy.

M

Looks superb. Very well done. Now hopefully you can relax for a bit and enjoy.

M

thanks!

Planned a halloween party for next weekend! there shall be no relaxing :)

Just watched ghost in the shell, was pretty awesome in our own personal cinema :D even though the sub is out of action, i didn't miss it. There was enough bass through the speakers.

Just a photo in the light this morning, well some of the light had the blinds closed from window and only 2/3 bifold doors blinds open.

L1430934 by dancook1982, on Flickr

This coming week we'll get another rug for the other half of the room, my new desk and av shelving should arrive. Also getting some plastic trays to put my blurays in so I can put them in the sideboard

22690205_10159758532175227_1214989707_o.jpg

Dan where about is your av equipment kept? I assume at present its in a temp home whilst you await your av shelving at the back of the room?

Dan where about is your av equipment kept? I assume at present its in a temp home whilst you await your av shelving at the back of the room?

Shelving will be here soon ;)

Also having a problem with quality of HDMI cables and getting the signal to the projector - only certain combinations are working at the moment.

Having to plug AVR directly into wall and it's too close, if I use an extension cable I get white speckles. So I'm solving that problem at the moment as well.. with originally planned wall plate it's no good.

22555794_10159758759330227_6655786746587932758_o.jpg

Shelving will be here soon ;)

Also having a problem with quality of HDMI cables and getting the signal to the projector - only certain combinations are working at the moment.

Having to plug AVR directly into wall and it's too close, if I use an extension cable I get white speckles. So I'm solving that problem at the moment as well.. with originally planned wall plate it's no good.

22555794_10159758759330227_6655786746587932758_o.jpg

Yeah, I'd read in previous posting you had issues with signal to projector. I'm sure you'll get it sorted....it's 1 home cinema area I've not considered, still using tv as viewing media. TBH not sure I'd could be doing with the hassle of cable pulls and fitting of screen - which I'd have to in the ceiling although it does provide true cinema experience. Look forward to seeing the shelving as you both appear to have good taste in furnishings

This week the upstairs rooms are getting plastered *hic*

In the lounge I've put some more pictures on the wall, but I'm expecting a rug today and my new desk and AV shelving on Saturday - so I will wait until Saturday to take some photos -also we are getting ready for our Harry Potter themed Halloween party.

I also got an Amazon Fire 8 HD, so I'd have something a bit more dedicated than my phone for stuff.

I can let guests peruse the physical film collection using mymovies

22730156_10159779284055227_2505058877043771869_n.jpg

Start the fun with hue disco

22851881_10159779283975227_6764442876132057841_n.jpg

Play music through play-fi from my Amazon music library

22815509_10159779284020227_5296482476097880770_n.jpg

Open to suggestions on what else would be handy :)

Awesome project man. Hats off to you and the Mrs for seeing this through. Ref the HDMI Issue. Anyone trying to run 4K over 10-15m will have an issue.
I had a HDanywhere 10m cable running from a TV in lounge to a second room where all the AV stuff was. Cable died on me and to HDanywheres credit they sent me a replacement cable which was great it output at 4K resolution however when turning on HDR (on TV) the picture failed. This was via a HTPC running 980tis in SLI.
That last bit may have been down to handshake issues between the various HTPC parts and the TV plus the 10m length.
During this time I was looking into something called pixelgen
Their product boasts of getting the below specs across and up to 20m
Max TMDS Rate 17.91Gbps/5.94Gbps per CH (4K60 8bit 4:4:4)
4K Formats Supported 4K60 8bit 4:4:4, 4K60 12bit 4:2:2 (WCG), 4K60 10bit 4:2:0 (HDR10), 4K60 8bit 4:2:0 (SDR)
Supports all other formats within the Ultra HD 2.0b specification.
Range Up to 20m
Pixelgen Design

However before I could commit to upgrading fully to a 4K TV circumstances forced me to stick with my 1080p set negating the need to go this route for 4K viewing.

Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom