1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema Kit Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Moncs, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Waiting on delivery of a Panasonic 42 " PV500 plasma and I am looking for a home cinema kit that would suit this TV.

Looking for something with component output, can play MP3's and is multi region. Would like a built in radio tuner if possible but not necissally.

Not to bothered about recordable DVD's or one with a HDD we have Sky+

Anyone recommend a suitable system? :thumbsup:

2. Kefre

Kefre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have ordered Panasonic 42 " PV500 plasma and looking for an all-in-one home cinema system, but haven't found one yet. I think the system should have component output (i haven't seen any with HDMI conection!) and progressive PAL scan. I was told that only certain makes or models can be converted to multi region...

3. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking of getting the Denon DHT 500SD system which has component output and progressive scan.

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Grangey

Grangey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But that's not multi-region, unless you have a hack? I, too, was going to buy one of these until I looked for a hack and couldn't find one...........

6. snapper3166

snapper3166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
  7. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I can recommend the Panasonic SCHT 530 - scored the equal of the Denon in a head to head comparison, except that it has a lower volume level (should be no worry if you have a smallish room) and lacks the input and output connections of the Denon. But it is 200 or more quid cheaper if you know where to shop, has component video, etc, and plays DVD-Audio (which the Denon doesn't). I got one to replace a Sony that was fading fast and would bide me over for a couple of years until the dust has settled on the transfer to HDTV et al. I can strongly recommend it. The picture is excellent, the sound is perfectly adequate (and the bass level can be easily controlled - something I like as I can lower the bass for late night listening when the kids are asleep).

8. tony6403

tony6403

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could consider a Panasonic DMR 10 DVD recorder ( £150 from Currys ) top of the reviews , plus a Yamaha AV57 surround system - without DVD ( £160 from Empire Direct ) which has HDMI connectivity. The latter got full marks in its review.