home cinema is pushing this a bit but need to solve a problem

grazuncle

Novice Member
Hi all

as title suggest this is not really home cinema problem but your experiences may help me. I have a 2yr old Hitachi 55" TV (55HK6100U)

My wife is harder hearing than me.. We like sitting where we normally do a room.. problem is I am nearer to the TV than she is.. I know what you're thinking.. and no it won't work for a variety of reasons :(:(. Getting the sound to come from a different direction is my problem.

A soundbar ( I know i have tried it) didn't help as the source of the sound was still from the same place.. under the TV. In my mind she needs a speaker close to her (preferably with a volume control that she can control or O can set fixed at a slightly higher level than the one for me.

I am guessing there is a headphone socket to plug into but that cuts of the speakers too doesn't it.. i have heard of Bluetooth adapters but heard also that there is a lag in the syncing.. I'm out of my depth and you may know of products (or improvements) on the market I'm not aware of.

I didn't know anywhere else to post this but thought there must be a lot of experience here in ideas at least.

It is not a pleasant situation for either of us.. I want to her to hear the sound and I don't want the subtitles on all of the time.. i just end up reading them than watching the programs

Help! :)

JustinT350

You could always buy an AVR and speaker set up. That would let you have the different speakers at various levels, all playing the same thing.

I guess the downside here is you would lose the sound stage of a 2.1/5.1 system as you would play them play them all as multi channel stereo

oneear

As Justin350 said you could buy an amp and speakers and use multichannel stereo. I think some amps allow you to plug in headphones without cutting out sound. Alternatively you could get Bluetooth adapters which support two headphones simultaneously.

grazuncle

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies. It's helpful ..anything out there that does wireless and no syncing delay?

Thanks again

oneear

Please note that I do not own one, but with Amazon you can return it if it does not work. Please see the returns policy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom