Home cinema house renovation

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by stubo300, Nov 6, 2016.

1. stubo300

stubo300
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all I and looking to install a wired multi room speaker system in my house, I am looking for a bit of advise and what I need and links

I have installed wires to the following rooms

4 speaker positions in my lounge (I would like to connect my tv to these speakers if possible)

2 speakers positions in my bedroom

2 speaker positions in my bathroom

2 speakers positions outside

I am looking to be able to isolate rooms so we don't have to have all the music playing over the house.

The only speakers I don't need are the outside ones but the rest are needed and need to be ceiling speakers

Price is a issue so if you can send me links to reasonable price set ups

Also as a comparison what would i need for a 4 x ceiling speakers and a control box so I can connect my tv to it any links would be great

Thank you

2. citywalker

citywalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Are you sure about ceiling speakers? In bathroom they are ok for background music, but for TV it is very strange, if sounds come somewhere over your head, not from correct/front direction.

3. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,426
    I would not recommend ceiling speakers in the lounge for TV usage to be honest as it is not going to sound good and you will just end up using the TV speakers (it is what I do in my kitchen!!!).
    A central system sounds great but can get complicated to control etc,
    Have you considered using something like a Sonos system connected to each room and use that?
    Would you want speakers in different rooms playing at the same time (whether it is the same or different sources)?
    Also how big is your bathroom? Do you need 2 speakers or would one stereo ceiling speaker be sufficient?
    Currently you have 10 speakers which means 10 channels of amplification potentially so you can start to see how the costs can start to mount up.