• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Home cinema equip near microwave

swordfish100

Established Member
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, if you dont mind...:thumbsup:

Is it safe to have home cinema equipment (lcd tv, av receiver, consoles, blu ray etc) near a microwave?
Might sound a daft question, but the wall my av gear is going on (only really place for it) is the wall joining to the kitchen wall where my microwave is. They would not be on the same plug or anything like that though..

Is this likely to be okay? Again, sorry if its a silly question but I am not exactly an expert at these things, my brain just says 'if it can cook a jacket spud it cant do my telly much good' :rotfl:

Thanks ladies and gents

The only reason your microwave cooks your jacket spud is that you place the spud INSIDE the microwave.

There are very strict safety regulations about how much (or rather - how little !) microwave energy can leak out, even around the door seal and though the glass window.

The metal casing prevents ANY microwave energy from getting out elsewhere.

If you're really worried, I've seen microwave leakage detectors on sale on Ebay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom