Home cinema / dolby atmos / sonos setup

kokolino23

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm out of tune with the technology and with too much information around, I'd rather ask for your advice first, please.
I've got in mind to buy some sonos speakers and in time build a home cinema. Is it worth getting sonos play 3 as a centre speaker and play 1 for front and rear? Then soundbar and subfoofer? Is it too much or for this kind of money should I consider a proper receiver and wired speakers? Running cables around the room would be challenging but I might have no better choice.
I have an LG OLED CX8 and Nvidia Shield, Netflix, Plex and Disney+, not sure what connectivity I have to consider for the best result.
Many thanks.

Proper system if possible always. We don`t know how your room looks like, where tv and couch is and other possible things that could affect the decision. Best would be if you can post pictures of your room OR draw floorplan where you have dimensions and couch/tv/doors/window locations.

Yamaha receivers support wireless surrounds meaning no speaker wires but sadly power cables from both so you need wall sockets near by! You would need to buy Yamaha Music Cast 20 speakers then. Black/white. They work in 5.1 and 5.1.2 systems. So example Yamaha RX-V6A if low budget.

No sure the Play3 and 1's can be set to work as a LCR set up (Left - Centre - Right)

And as Gasp says proper system if you can.

There are also plenty of better sonos alternatives and dedicated Soundbar / Sub / Rear / Atmos setups that work better too.

Current one getting rave reviews is the Klipsch 1200 Soundbar with Atmos and Wireless rear satellites.

Chris, AAC.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom