Home Cinema Choice - Missed Opportunity

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dunks517, Sep 9, 2007.

1. dunks517

dunks517

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    HCC this month featured an interview with Sky's Customer Group Manager and wasted the opportunity completely. Rather than take Sky to task over the HD premierie & Sky 'Sometimes' debacle, the let him spout on how there will be some lovely 'designer' HD boxes released in October - so what! A nice pattern on my HD box doesn't do anything to improve the shoddy service that the HD subscriber is getting. As a subscriber to both Sky HD and HCC, I would like the Editor (whom is a member of AV Forums) to explain why the magazine with a reputation that it has 'rolled over and got it's tummy tickled' by Sky! It also mentioned that James Murdoch was a fan of Anime and for that very reason Sky would be broadcasting that genre - I bet that the Dirty Digger and his son don't have to cross fingers to see what they will be watching tonight!!

Rant over!!

2. `BK

`BK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Did they say they were going to air any anime in HD? Or was it just a throwaway comment?

3. dunks517

dunks517

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    They didn't say which channels it would be broadcast over.

4. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I don't know why your so surprised! HCC have been in the pockets of most of the av industries top players inc. mr.m for ages.
    There certainly seems to be a strong correlation between hcc advertisers and reviews?

CH.

5. mkcurtis

mkcurtis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Well until they sort the HD anytime/sometime issue out they will not be shifting many fancy new boxes, designer or not.

6. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    Rather like that lame interview AVForums conducted with Sky on HD and put in the podcast. Rather than ask any of the more searching questions about HD (that they had asked av forum members for), they just let Sky advertise how wonderful HD is and tell us what we already know... :rolleyes:

7. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    It also doesn't do anything about the cheap components / substandard build quality inside which results in some customers (like me) hearing the box churning away from their sofa.

8. dunks517

dunks517

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    To add to my op, they briefly mentioned the HD server but didn't go into detail. With this my glass is half empty and it wouldn't suprise me if we'll pay through the nose with a sub for each room/box. This Server is one of the reasons that I installed an Ethernet Lan in my house and would love HD in all rooms however we wil have to wait and see. Also, who thought about putting the buttons on top of the box? Ideal when its sat in my 19" rack!!

9. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    We had a mysterious loss of Sky HD then realised that while chasing one another our two kittens had run across the top of the box & trodden on the off switch.