Home cinema build advice

sheenj

Standard Member
Hi folks, fellow enthusiasts

I am in the fortunate position in getting an extension built currently and have somehow managed to convince my wife and it evolved from a family/lounge area to a home cinema lol.

Thankfully I have alot of the equipment I need av wise to get by initially already. Currently have a 5.1 setup in the living room, and an hd141x projector. My plan is to install all the cabling in the walls prior, and install an additional 2 ceiling speakers to future proof for Dolby Atmos setup in the future.

I am looking at wallplates for a neater finish, have also seen the hdmi standard has to changed to 2.1 so will get that cable integrated also from the ceiling for the projector to the main plate access point. Do you guys have any advice with regards to anything you's learned from your projects/any specific in wall cabling or faceplates I should for a good finish?

Thank you in advance

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Execllent, i achieved the same with ours.

For plates look at ACA-Apex and also modular plate options from the likes of Click and thier 'new media' range

For HDMI options depending on length it is well worth paying for the new FibreOptic options but make sure they have a copper return ARC and CEC cores and be aware that they are directional.

sheenj

Standard Member
Execllent, i achieved the same with ours.

For plates look at ACA-Apex and also modular plate options from the likes of Click and thier 'new media' range

For HDMI options depending on length it is well worth paying for the new FibreOptic options but make sure they have a copper return ARC and CEC cores and be aware that they are directional.
That's great thank you for pointing me in the right direction, thankfully the hdmi cable probably doesn't need to be longer than probably 3-4 meters.

sicrates

I used Fisual plates eg Amazon product and they were great. Make sure there’s enough space behind it to get all the cables in so deep pattress boxes.

For other cables eg HDMI have them coming out of a brush plate.

And if at all possible run big conduit with pull strings so you can replace your cables when we get to the next standard.

Enjoy!

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Thats a direct copy of the ACA-Apex one. They've never protect their designs.

If you should be ok on short runs for the HDMI.

Also forgot to mention, run a couple of Cat6 data cables at the same time. Then if you have any issues with HDMI you can switch over to HDMI Baluns. But don't use pre-made patchleads, they are not solid cores, solid cores perform much better.

Koipin

Hi folks, fellow enthusiasts

I am in the fortunate position in getting an extension built currently and have somehow managed to convince my wife and it evolved from a family/lounge area to a home cinema lol.

Thankfully I have alot of the equipment I need av wise to get by initially already. Currently have a 5.1 setup in the living room, and an hd141x projector. My plan is to install all the cabling in the walls prior, and install an additional 2 ceiling speakers to future proof for Dolby Atmos setup in the future.

I am looking at wallplates for a neater finish, have also seen the hdmi standard has to changed to 2.1 so will get that cable integrated also from the ceiling for the projector to the main plate access point. Do you guys have any advice with regards to anything you's learned from your projects/any specific in wall cabling or faceplates I should for a good finish?

Thank you in advance
How many ceiling speakers are you planning? Now is the time to get any extras in as doing it afterwards is going to be a ballache so certainly have the cabling in for 4 or 5 (VoG) on the ceiling. If you never need them, it's no real loss but versus doing it at a later date it makes sense.
Consider your lighting and network connections too - wifi is great but hardwired is always better.

sheenj

Standard Member
Unfortunately the guys are going to be plastering walls soon, didn't realise how quick they would be so had to run to a nearby DIY place for cable I wouldn't have otherwise used. Hope this will do
16006877503942644388398057680178.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom