1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home cinema beginner

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bantams, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bantams

bantams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Can anyone give advice, i'am looking to buy my first home cinema system with a budget of around £2500. I want a system that will sound good when playing films, as well as listen to music.Tv 32" minimum. I know it asking a lot but i would be grateful for advice, before going listening to various systems at shops.Thanks in advance Darren

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    hi darren :hiya:

welcome to the forum. there people in here who are very qualified to answer you and i'm sure they will.

First off have a look around the forum and you find that the general question will have been answered already. Browse the different forums and get a feel for the place. do a search for the questions your asking, most likely the answer is here somewhere :D there is a search button towards the top of the page. also have a look at the reviews section (above under "features")

The FAQ: http://www.avforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

If you are new to this then it can seem very daunting at first, but its not really - honest. :smashin:

break your question down: what kind of TV do you want? PLASMA/LCD/CRT?
    what kind of soundsystem to you want - all in one or separates? etc

I'm sorry to say that if you want to spend your money wisely and not walk into dixons and blow it on rubbish then you have to do your homework :D

Welcome. :smashin:

Gary

3. spflan

spflan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just started getting delivery of my first set up (starting from scratch basically). I would suggest deciding what components you want and whether you want to get everything now, in which case your budget has to cover a lot of stuff or whether you want to spend the 2500 on, say a TV and DVD player and then save up some more cash and add a surround amp and speakers later. Instant gratification vs long term benefits of having a better set up I guess!!

Good luck

Simon

4. bantams

bantams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replies Gary and Simon. Question was a bit vague, i was looking to spend around £1500 max on a tv {32" lcd}, speakers £600 and amp £400. I've been told to look at a Yamaha 750/757 with Kef 2005 speakers, i've seen this advertised for £1000 with cable, will have to go and listen to one.
    Cheers Darren

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    anytime darren,

happy to help. :smashin:

Gary