Home cinema and Xbob

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by davidgirecourt, Jul 25, 2002.

1. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Could I get DDigital sound output from my Xbox in any way with my JVC THA5R. My TV is a HItachi 28inch Dolby Pro Logic. Seems that I only have 'Aux In' jacks.

Cheers

2. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as I do not know what the JVC THA5R is. What you need is an Xbox lead that has an optical digital connector and an amplifier that can accept that input connection.

You state that your television is a Dolby Prologic television, so by default you will not be able to produce dolby digital 5.1 sound. Sorry ;)

All I can say is that the Xbox is absolutely fantastic in full dolby digital surround. Just listen to those car trying to overtake you in project gotham racing with real-time generated effects panning across your speakers....Or not to mention HALO, very scary when you play it in the dark at night with your Home Cinema Loud and a very big projection screen.... I think that game should have a 32+ certificate as it gets really creepy.......

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

3. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jean Paul

That is exactly what I need but my home cinema does not have this optical digital connector input. I think I am stuffed

Thanks anyway

David

4. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The good thing is that both movies and games are downmixed to Dolby Surround before they are sent through the analog output. You must just select Dolby Surround first in the Xbox dashboard. Dolby Pro Logic might not be at par with Dolby Digital 5.1, but nonetheless you will get surround with pretty much any Xbox game (Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround are standard on the Xbox).

5. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good post...

David you may really want to try that....Surround sound on the Xbox is like you never heard before on any gaming platform....I am certain Zacabeb will agree with me...

Try it...