Home Cinema and Surround Sound Set-up - Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gambit X, May 2, 2007.

1. Gambit X

Gambit X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there everyone, i'm a bit clueless when it comes to AV technical stuff, so thought i'd seek your guys help. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have recently got a Samsung 26" R74 HDTV, which only has 1 component connection. I also have a Nintendo Wii and an Xbox 360. I use the 360 as my DVD player too. I would like to connect both the Wii and the 360 to the single component connection on the TV, so how do i do this?

Also, i really want to get the full potential out of my set-up, so i want to buy a surround sound system. What do you guys recommend, and how can i put it into my set-up to let me get surround sound on all my devices - TV, Wii, 360 and DVD player? My budget is around £300 for it all. Is this possible?

I have tried to do some research, but get confused once technical words come into play. I saw this Joytech Control Center 245C which i thought would be good for getting the devices connected to the TV, and then saw this Sony HT-SS500 Home Cinema System, which i could use for the surround sound. Would this work? How would things connect up, could i get surround sound with this set-up on all my devices?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Gambit X :thumbsup:

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Get an AV Receiver, this will give you the capability to have surround sound once a set of speakers are attached. Also get one which provides component switching. This will allow you to connect both your Wii and 360 into it and have one component connection out to your Samsung.

Go second hand for the budget you are on and start from there.

Something like this would suit ideally....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517218

KH

3. Gambit X

Gambit X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah i see, cool. Thanks for the advice mate, i'll have a look around for something like that then.

Cheers, Gambit X