1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home cinema and families - what furniture?.

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by chrisp1, Nov 20, 2004.

1. chrisp1

chrisp1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know of a stand or cabinet which allows the tv to be actually fastened to the top surface?. I only ask because we've a very active 3 year old who loves to go flying up to the tv and bash against the screen on occasion!!. He'll tip it over the back of the stand if its not fastened!!. At the moment its screwed to the steel legs it came with (its a Panny 28inch tv).

Ideally I'd like to fix the tv to the top and have shelves for a KEF 100c and skybox underneath.

How do you all cope with home cinema and hi-fi with a family around?.

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    I used the novel approach of telling them not to go anywhere near it. It's by far the cheapest solution.

3. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I find staples work very well, but too close to the skin.

4. chrisp1

chrisp1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys :) . What happens to your kit when you're not there though??. I think its quite a conundrum!!.

BTW - do most of you have dedicated home theatre rooms?. I geuss you could lock the door in that case ;) .

5. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    2 years We ended up giving our kids 4 & 2 at the time our TV/VCR combo to use in a different room. This was great, I managed to keep little fingers away from my kit.

We did have a laugh when I had to send the TV/VCR combo to my local sony centre for a service. It stopped playing video tapes. On collection of the unit I noticed a small bag taped to the top of the TV. I asked the guy at the counter what it was. I was told that they always return to the customer what the customer took in for a service.

So I now have a little bag that contains the following:
    6 squashed coins for disney, 1 velcro strap, 2 lolly pop stick, 5 bits of lego and some tissue. What it is to have children. :laugh:

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i have seen many a bit of moldy toast and bits out of VCR decks....
    What TV is most have a locking screw or two going into the stand.... comercial installations ofet use a webbing strp over the top of tv onto the stand/bracket