Home cinema amp is TOO LOUD!

123Tim

I've now had 2 Goodman GHC 56 Pro home cinema systems and both have been unacceptable for my use because they are TOO LOUD! 'Well turn it down' I hear you say, to which I reply 'I have done, all controls right to the bottom but it's still too loud'. If the volume control down button is pressed again the sound cuts off completely. It seems that there is a minimum sound level you have to accept. The only way I can get low vol is with the analogue o/p from my cable box and ITS vol set low. With the digital o/p from my Toshiba DR1 DVD it's TOO LOUD …sorry for shouting but I can hear it in my head and so need to speak up! (ps can we have a smilie with fingers in ears?!)
Ideas welcome. Thanks, Tim

tried night mode both on and off but makes no difference. Thanks for suggestion

I assume you're talking about the sound disappearing when you turn the volume right down until it's only just audible. Low quality volume controls tend to do this, along with losing one channel before the other as well.

I can't say i've heard it much in AV amps as they usually have a lot of control at the lower end of the volume. CHances are if two amps have done it, they'll all do it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom