1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home cinema amp is TOO LOUD!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by 123Tim, Oct 12, 2004.

1. 123Tim

123Tim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've now had 2 Goodman GHC 56 Pro home cinema systems and both have been unacceptable for my use because they are TOO LOUD! 'Well turn it down' I hear you say, to which I reply 'I have done, all controls right to the bottom but it's still too loud'. If the volume control down button is pressed again the sound cuts off completely. It seems that there is a minimum sound level you have to accept. The only way I can get low vol is with the analogue o/p from my cable box and ITS vol set low. With the digital o/p from my Toshiba DR1 DVD it's TOO LOUD …sorry for shouting but I can hear it in my head and so need to speak up! (ps can we have a smilie with fingers in ears?!)
    Ideas welcome. Thanks, Tim

2. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got night-mode on by any chance?

3. 123Tim

123Tim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tried night mode both on and off but makes no difference. Thanks for suggestion

4. Tom_1234

Tom_1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    what reciever are you using?

5. Helicon

Helicon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I assume you're talking about the sound disappearing when you turn the volume right down until it's only just audible. Low quality volume controls tend to do this, along with losing one channel before the other as well.

I can't say i've heard it much in AV amps as they usually have a lot of control at the lower end of the volume. CHances are if two amps have done it, they'll all do it.