Evening - so I've finally managed to get round to getting electrics in place for a projector and screen, with work due to commence within the next couple of weeks. I'm just looking to run past my plans past some of the experts here (i.e. those who have gone before and can hopefully help me avoid any pitfalls).
- The room is 4.6 metres long and has ceilings that are 2.6 metres high.
- The projector will be ceiling mounted at one end, the screen at the other (though will sit out by about 15cm as it'll need to clear the wall mounted TV)
- I need 12 metres of HDMI cable to run from the AV amp that will sit under the screen (I can't move this elsewhere).
- I'd like a screen that's 110" on the diagonal
- I'm looking at the Optoma UHD 51A (as I'd quite like 3D)
- Will HDMI work over 12 metres ok? I believe a fibre cable would be best and am looking at this as an option :
- I believe I'll be able to achieve a 110" image using the Optoma calculator. Front of projector to screen I estimate will be between 3.9 and 4.1 metres.
- I don't know what screen to go for. Needs to be motorised and have a reasonable drop (so that the image isn't too close to the ceiling).