Home cinema advice

marc5180

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm moving into a new build, that will be ready in August and at the minute i'm trying to plan my home cinema set up and would like some advice from you guys.

The Living room is 24ft x 12ft and i have decided on the Panasonic 50"G20 series, so thats the tv sorted....

For the home cinema i only want to spend between £500-£600 but i could increase this if need be. I would be connecting to it an xbox 360, sky and watching movies from my laptop.

I would like a blu ray player and something that i could connect my ipod into, to play music when the tv isn't on.

I heard a demo of a Bose cinemate 2 and a 321 the other day and i have to say i was impressed. I know most people hate Bose mostly because of the over inflated price but i like the simplicity of just having the 2 speakers either side which to me sounded pretty good.

If i was to go for a 5:1 or even 7:1 i wouldn't want big speakers everywhere which again is why i like Bose with the tiny speakers but i know Kef do small speakers as well.................

.Theres so many to choose from but i honestly don't know where to start

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Bose don't sound bad per se' but you can get a lot better. The last Bose setup I listened to sounded like 'noise' and was no better than a Panasonic all-in-one.

Sony BDP-S370

+ Sony STR-DH800 + Tannoy SFX

The Onkyo TX-SR308 would also work with those speakers

Denon AVR1610 + Jamo HCS5 A102

would also be a nice setup. Denon are similar to Yamaha so check out their RX-V4** models. Don't bother with the likes of the RX-V365 etc.

These speakers would go with pretty much any AV Receiver and should sound the best out the lot of 'em but would be worth the extra. They are larger but not much larger.

Q-Acoustics 1010i

That should do for starters. :)

Hi sorry for the late reply, i've been away with work.

Thanks for the suggestions, i hope i'm not being rude but they are ugly, including the big receivers:D.

I think i'm looking for the stylish minamilist look which is why bose appeals.

I have gone over and over it and decided that i don't want seperates.

Can anyone suggest anything else?

Take a look at the Mission Mcubes along with a Marantz NR1501, both are small and slimline and should sound a great deal better than a Bose based system.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom