Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Home Cinema advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by StevieC, Jan 21, 2005.

1. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to go for aToshiba RDXS32 DVD Recorder and was also looking to get some sort of 5.1 home cinema set up as well.

Any advice on what I could go for??

Thanks.

2. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on your budget and requirements mate, we could all talk all day about a good system but without knowing what it is you want and need from your system. Without knowing your limitations this could prove difficult. Give us an idea of what you need and what you can afford and i will give it a shot. :thumbsup:

3. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, for the reply.

I currently have a Sony DAV500 which is a complete DVD Home Cinema system.
    It is reasonable enough but I'm about to buy a DVD recorder and still wanted the Home Cinema sound.

I reckoned the way forward was to buy a seperate to give me the sound but I'm looking at a small budget of about £200.

I have a Panasonic TV, Panasonic digibox (not Sky+) and very soon to have the Toshiba RDXS32 DVD Recorder so I'd need something that would slot nicely into that set-up.

4. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How does ELTAX compare as a make???