• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Home Cinema Advice needed

18brayment

Standard Member
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new to this forum and looking for a little advice.

I want to setup a good sound from my blu-ray but I don't really want a full Home Cinema. I am looking at a pair of Monitor Audio bx2s and a center and that's it, no rears an no sub - I'm in a small 1900 terraced house and both my neighbours have very young babies. I am looking for a clean and detailed sound for movies and music with tight bass.

Should I get an av receiver like an onkyo TXSR313, or just a good amp like a MARANTZ PM6004?

Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to your responses.

Cheers,

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Both have a lot more features than you need and the second costs a lot more than the first!
If you didn't already have a BR player a Home Theatre system with BD in it would be the answer.
There's a good Denon AVR at Richer Sounds for £100 but you'd still need the speakers.
Maybe a HT would be the best option as the BR player might be better than you have now.

18brayment

Standard Member
Awesome thank you, do you think the Denon will power the Monitor Audio's OK?

Sorry my blu ray is a Panasonic DMP-BDT220!

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

That's OK, and you're fine with the BR:smashin: so it's back to AVRs for you.
Those speakers are also specced too high imho, though the Denon1513 would drive them - or any more practical ones.

logiciel

It's ages since I bought any speakers but if you went to RS for the AVR they'd advise some to match.

logiciel

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom