Home Cinema Advice 5.1

tinsel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guy,

I was hoping for some advice on a good home cinema speaker setup. My budget is max £2k for the complete set up.

I will be using the sound system for a projector not for music. I need the system to be “wife friendly” aswel. I would be open to use an in-ceiling speaker set up too with a sub.

I have seen the following which I do quite like:

- KEF T305 + Denon X2700

Would really appreciate some better suggestions for a “discreet” but good sounding set up for a cinema experience.

Thank you

Having heard the Kef's many times, I cannot complain at their performance as there are few to compete with them based on styling. If you aren't mounting them on the wall's I would steer away though as they work best when wall mounted

You could look at Monitor Audio's Radius 225 LCR speakers as are a very good alternative for the fronts plus a pair of Radius 90's at the rear together with a Rel TZero will partner with the Denon AVR-X2700H. Performance wise, this system will have the T305 beaten with the Denon and if you use the Rel TZero with the high level input, when you do hear stereo reproductions, the performance will be another level compared to what the Kef with the Denon can achieve

Hope that gives you an alternative idea

" I will be using the sound system for a projector not for music. "

" good sounding set up for a cinema experience."

@ShanePJ you probably missed those parts. :) The T-Zero is useless for a cinema use if i can be direct, it just doesn´t have the extension nor output with 6,5" driver in tiny cab. For a stereo system it might work ok, but this is member doesn´t listen music. Radius system partnered with SVS SB1000 would be quite different experience while keeping the compact size for woofer. The list prices go little over the 2k£ budget, but perhaps bundle deal would be possible.

One member here bought the exact system you linked with SB1000 for a small cinema room earlier this year and he was very happy afterwards. I have seen the R90 at my dealer and WAF factor is without doubt very high. 👌

My wife friendly set up monitor radius 90 x4 and radius 200 centre and a rel ht1003 I looked at the SVS SB1000 but it was just slightly to big to fit at the side of my av unit and the rel was £399 at Peter Tyson at the time so not a bad price bur the SVS sub would probably be better with a 12 inch driver

My wife friendly set up monitor radius 90 x4 and radius 200 centre and a rel ht1003 I looked at the SVS SB1000 but it was just slightly to big to fit at the side of my av unit and the rel was £399 at Peter Tyson at the time so not a bad price bur the SVS sub would probably be better with a 12 inch driver

Yes SVS offers better performance for about same price (499£) and longer amp warranty. But you got the REL for a low price and i would assume it won´t disappoint especially if one haven´t heard anything similar before. :) Surely good step up from the cheap package subs.

HT1003 : 318 x 347 x 351 mm (WxHxD)
SB1000 : 330 x 330 x 330 mm

Yes SVS offers better performance for about same price (499£) and longer amp warranty. But you got the REL for a low price and i would assume it won´t disappoint especially if one haven´t heard anything similar before. :) Surely good step up from the cheap package subs.

HT1003 : 318 x 347 x 351 mm (WxHxD)
SB1000 : 330 x 330 x 330 mm
Yes I agree it was that extra 22mm on the width just won't fit in

Thank you so much for the reply guys, it has really helped me!

So I think I’ve pretty much decided on the following:

- 4 x T301
- 1 x T301C
- BK P12-300SB

EDIT: On second thoughts I have gone with the SBS as recommended above.

Oh and just to add, I’ve never had a speaker system before so I have a lot of learning to do!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom