1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema 5.1 + VHS + Sky Outfits & How to Connect for Best AV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Ebay-Junkie, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Ebay-Junkie

Ebay-Junkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just purchased a Sony HTP 3100 system and am looking for some advise as to the best way to setup with my existing video and sky digital systems. I have also always read that I should throw away the speaker cables etc and wonder if the same goes for sub woofer and digital audio coax?

Currently my setup is thus (pre home cinema) :

- Aerial and Sky input cable to Sky digibox
    - Aerial and Scart out of digibox to video
    - Aeriel and Scart out of video to TV

As my new receiver doesnt have Component/S-Video or Scart connections, only Composite, I figured that the best quality would be to connect new DVD direct to TV via RGB Scart. When I tried this it worked but only showed DVD in black and white. It could be that the Scart is not RGB? Anyway I reverted to Composite with the three connectors (Red/Green/White) and is OK, I do know that this is not giving me good video.

The audio side I have connected the DVD direct to Receiever using the digital side Coax connection, saving the optical for a future upgrade to Sky +.

How should I connect the DVD and particularly the digibox and video player to get the best quality sound and vision?

cheers

Attached Files:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    DVD>TV RGB Socket
    SKY>TV RGB2 if possible
    SKY AV2>VCR>TV AV3
    VHS is compoite only
    Red White and Yellow are normal colours for composite video and stereo. DVD may need menu changing for RGB out put same on sky (default is PAL aka Composite) Let me know if this helps and i will try to help some more.

PS audio into Sony system for obvious reasons Digital coax for DVD analogue Audio for VCR and Sky ( Also audio out of TV if possible for terristial broadcasts)