Home Build - Dedicated Garden Room Cinema

gibbsy

Top tip thank you. What are the upfiring speakers? How are they working out for you?
They are KEF R50s. I bought them not long after they first came out about six years ago. Work very well for me.

DrH

Wow great room looks fantastic.
You have done a good job on it
How do you find the in walls as I have been considering similar in my room.
Do they sound similar enough to the fronts?

daverichards

Wow great room looks fantastic.
You have done a good job on it
How do you find the in walls as I have been considering similar in my room.
Do they sound similar enough to the fronts?

Yeah they've been great to be honest. Work perfectly and sound wise I think they're wonderful. A rear channel is never under the same constant pressy as the front stage in my view so less emphasis there on belting sound

Pavey

Looks fantastic Dave, very nice.

Regarding security i have a Hive camera in mine and one pointing at the cinema and both (when monitoring) turn all the lights on and alert me if/when they see anyone or hear anything. Could be worth looking in to that, not massive money either.

Stuart Gray

Check your insurance for an outbuilding. I had to move my insurance to M & S. There may be a limit on how much you can claim.
Stuart

stu74

looks a great job! i have a garden room that i got built - its used as a garden room and also an office - i was thinking about moving my kit out to it from a dedicated movie room in the house. The main concern i have would be the noise coming out from the garden room as it has minimal insulation. Did you do any extra treatment to reduce exterior noise and also how do you find the reflections of sound bouncing off the walls and glass in your room?
cheers

daverichards

Looks fantastic Dave, very nice.

Regarding security i have a Hive camera in mine and one pointing at the cinema and both (when monitoring) turn all the lights on and alert me if/when they see anyone or hear anything. Could be worth looking in to that, not massive money either.
Great shout on the lights. I'll do that!!

daverichards

looks a great job! i have a garden room that i got built - its used as a garden room and also an office - i was thinking about moving my kit out to it from a dedicated movie room in the house. The main concern i have would be the noise coming out from the garden room as it has minimal insulation. Did you do any extra treatment to reduce exterior noise and also how do you find the reflections of sound bouncing off the walls and glass in your room?
cheers

I have sound insulating rockwool and plasterboard. It's not perfect but does a good job. Halfway up the garden you cant hear it. Unless it's close to the house I doubt you would need to worry

ahaydock

That looks spot on. We’ve got some similar kit too. I’ve had my KEFs for years now and they still impress me.

daverichards

That looks spot on. We’ve got some similar kit too. I’ve had my KEFs for years now and they still impress me.
Sorry, didn't see this buddy. They're wonderful speakers aren't they! Really impressive. I watched Titanic this weekend (wifes fav film) and some of the detail was astounding. There a scene with an irish band below deck and it was like they were playing in the room. Superb

What sub did you opt for?

ahaydock

Sorry, didn't see this buddy. They're wonderful speakers aren't they! Really impressive. I watched Titanic this weekend (wifes fav film) and some of the detail was astounding. There a scene with an irish band below deck and it was like they were playing in the room. Superb

What sub did you opt for?
No worries and yeah I love them still even after all these years.

I’ve got the BK XLS200 but would love to upgrade. Be nice to get my hands on the matching KEF R400b

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
What a lovely room, beautiful job.

love the sofa too

POPPY

Standard Member
What a fantastic Build, did you keep a list of materials used and a sequence of the build, would love to try something similar.
I have looked at pics, any material lists, understand if you do not wish to supply, as DIY list would be helpful.

daverichards

Fantastic set up there - you should be very proud of that great job you've done :smashin:

Thanks so much. I am immensely proud of it every time I get to watch a film in there. It feels quite special turning a dream into a reality and it was such fun to build with my friend

daverichards

I have looked at pics, any material lists, understand if you do not wish to supply, as DIY list would be helpful.

I have a spreadsheet I kept yes with all the materials and costs on. If you message me I would be happy to share a copy of it

Dwayne Dibley

WOW. Superstunning. Love it love it love it.

I also have a dedicated room, mine is built on a budget, and I'm jealous of yours (in a good way). Think I'm gonna get the paint brush and roller out, give it all a fresh Lick! Great colour choice. I wouldn't normally be brave enough, but I think you have convinced me, from those photos.

And don't forget Rob, he sounds like an immense mate. I'm jealous again!!!

Paddywhackery

What an achievement Dave and you are right to be very proud. And to get it all done with your pal Rob makes it all the more memorable. I hope the two of you can now get together and enjoy the fruits of your hard work. Great job!

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung QD-OLED TVs primed for 2022 launch?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky to add NBCUniversal's Peacock service
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen announces Beoplay EQ TWS earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th July 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky drops Sky One brand and introduces Showcase and Max