1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home automation with MCE

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by simeyfour, Jun 3, 2005.

1. simeyfour

simeyfour
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone experimented yet with Windows Media Center Edition (MCE) and home automation?

I'm about to install my home cinema system into the lounge and that means running cables, plastering, new flooring the works and was contemplating installing a home cinema PC using Windows Media Center Edition.

I'm also interested in setting up some lighting themes / automation too.

Now I've seen a few reviews of Convergex in magazines where they have produced a snap in for MCE called Living Rooms. You can control appliances, lights heating etc. Anyone know how much this is, i can't seem to find any info.

I'm initially interested in lighting and a thermostat controller for the boiler...

Anyone got any ideas / contacts?

cheers

Simon

2. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    ...have a look at Homeseer - they have plug ins for MCE now too.

Homeseer has been around for ages....

DJ

3. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +514
    You might also be interested in a company called Sensible Heat - they are Honeywell Hometronic installers and are working on a MCE plug in and interface to allow the Honeywell system to be controlled from MCE. I don't think it will be too long before they also have an interface to a major lighting control manufacturer so will be bale to cover both bases. Take a look at www.sensibleheat.co.uk for info.

4. brettgriffin

brettgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you consdiered HAI. It is manufactured in the States, but it is 50hz. They have a nice media center interface, I use. It allows me to control lighting (multiple protocals), my HVAC, and my alarm system.

HAI is the leader in Home automation, and has distribution worldwide. Check them out at www.homeauto.com

5. tedsingh

tedsingh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0