Home Automation (LightwaveRF and Home easy and Telldus)

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by japlah, Feb 17, 2018.

1. japlah

japlah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any full automation systems for controlling UK electrical fittings ?

Telldus offer combined control via the Internet server AND local control via a hand held controller, but only with continental fittings !

Typically Home Easy are good for local control (ugly receivers) and LightwaveRF does Internet server(good looking receivers)? Anyway to combine the two but with your own server ? A gateway similar to the Telldus offering but truly independent or at least a choice of "cloud" servers ?

My researches show Energenie ENER022-M SMS Controlled Adapter looks to be nearest trick, but its UI though logical is primitive. Unless you have a liking to look after and use exact fiddly strings of codes. Anyone seen a friendly front end for managing SMS control text messages ?

Regards

John

2. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,531
    There are a number of multiprotocol controllers on the market. Funnily enough I never even considered those that you mentioned, so I learned something. Mine is an Athom Homey.