Home automation: BTicino, OpenWebNet, SCS bus

Hi guys,
did you somebody success with sending commands to Bticino Classe 300x? (c300x)
I'm able to connect to port 20000 and send few commands like:
device diag:
s: *#1013**1##
dev info:
*#13**0##

but when I try commands to door locks then response is always '*#*0##'
I'm trying:
s: *8*19*21##
s: *8*20*21##

I decompiled also the original application, but they send it through SIP :(

The door lock actuator in my 300x setup has its own BUS address, so I can just send a command direct to open the door, or use the 300x, or phone app.

Update on my Openhab2 trial and the BTicino binding.... The binding for BTicino worked without much effort and I was able control BUS items from Openhab PaperUI. I also successfully created a rule via Rule config file editing and also via the experimental menu driven rule creation. So called Next gen Rule engine:

Next-Gen Rules - openHAB 2 - Empowering the Smart Home

The rule enabled openhab to send a voice announcement from a text file whenever a selected switch changed state. Cool :cool:.. Like Jarvis in Iron man :) The phone App was also OK and didn't require any effort to get working. But....
  • VoiceRSS (text to speech web service) didn't work with my Logitech Squeezebox devices (Touch and Radio). I also tried it on the latest Squeezlite I have running on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Stretch. It still didn't work. Possibly a known problem with short mp3 files. I need to check the issue some more. However, the voice announcements did work in my browser.
  • Status updates of BUS items only worked intermittently. It seems its known for this to be unreliable and update is planned to fix this. The binding developer responded despite my obvious noob questions : [BTicino/OpenWebNet] New Binding: BTicino / OpenWebNet 2.0 binding ready for testing
  • At the moment the Binding only controls switches but more is coming.
I am now thinking of buying either Google Home or Amazon Alexa speaker. Not sure which if any yet. Then it should be possible to get an voice announcement when something I wanted to be alerted to changed on the BUS. eg garage electric door moving

Last edited:
Hey there, happy to find you here as well! :)
I also have installed a Google Home at home and works like a charm with openHAB plus the new BTicino binding.
I really can recommend to do the same: it's very very funny to control items with you voice, and so far no other (free) solution is available to work with older BTicino Gateways...

Anybody wants to help with some good testing of the new OH2 binding?
Would you be available to send some of your logs with DEBUG details?

Bye

Hi Massi, Welcome :)

Please help get the word out that there is a small but growing group of users here and we can chat freely.

What was your reason for choosing Google Home over the Echo?

I haven't yet explored voice commands but plan to when I get one of these devices. For now I am just checking out the possibilities.

• When will the next update of the BTicino binding be released?
  • When do expect to able to add shutter control?
  • I am especially interested in using my zone temperature probes for logging the data.
  • Do you plan on adding contact states at some point?

The door lock actuator in my 300x setup has its own BUS address, so I can just send a command direct to open the door, or use the 300x, or phone app.
Thanks for asnwer :)
I'm a little newbie in this, but you need another device to communicate over the bticino bus, right?
Because I have only this C300X, which is connected to wires of building system, and other devices are not under my control.

I found the port 20000 have probably only cofiguration purpose, I'm not still able to send through it anything to the bus. Like open door locks.
I'm now trying decompile and analyse the firmware, but it is quite hard.

Maybe I will get work the ssh daemon, but there is root password, which I do not know :( And I'm not able to find it on inet :-/

Because I have only this C300X, which is connected to wires of building system, and other devices are not under my control.

That bit had me concerned !!!.... Why do you want access the BUS if you only have the video door control yourself and the rest are devices in a shared building... or have I misread your post?

That bit had me concerned !!!.... Why do you want access the BUS if you only have the video door control yourself and the rest are devices in a shared building... or have I misread your post?

Because I want to open the doors to building by my automation system, and not only by the C300X or by mobile app. I also want to save picture of the one who is ringing there.

If enabled the 300x can save video messages. It has an answer machine option. So I assume you want to save an image to a computer somehow?

Before I invest loads of my time I want to set off on the best path. Therefore I am asking if anyone has got any advice or opinions on which is better or could eventually be better, Amazon Echo or Google Home; for use with OpenHab2 and the BTicino BUS?

From what I have seen so far it seems Amazon Echo is going to be easier to get working with OpenHab2 and the BTicino binding. I don't think Google Home is even available here in Austria.

I want to use it mainly for TTS notification announcements, in English, so that I know what and why the BUS system is doing something and to confirm some user set actions when its not obvious that a command has been received.

e.g. The following scenarios already run but it would be nice to get a voice announcement:

Automatic initiated
  • Wind limit has been exceeded. The blinds will now retract until is calm again
  • Its getting too warm. Blinds will move to the sunny windowsills position
  • Good morning. Wake up blind sequence is starting.
User initiated
  • Auto workday mode is set
  • Guest mode in East bedroom is set
  • Garage door is opening
  • Rain water cistern pump is on for 30mins.
The above actions are controlled via MH202 scenarios that are initiated by either by a contact interface changing state or by an actuator in switch mode, or dummy actuator, changing on/off state. In some cases a scenario is initiated via CEN and or CENplus command. eg phone or LCD panel.

After TTS then some voice commands could be useful for setting mood lighting but as I have a touch screen LCD panel centrally located its not that important to me. I can already control everything via the MyHome phone app as well.

Non BUS stuff: I have multi room music via Squeezbox (Touch, Radio, RPi squeezelite) and RPi LMS and some RGBW Wifi LED strips.

Nice to have would be for Google or Alexa to respond to queries like:
What temperature is it in the lounge. (BUS zone control but I rarely need alter temperature settings)

And who knows what in the future :)

edit... I am too impatient when I have set my mind on something and you guys are too slow :p I ordered Alexa to play with :)

Last edited:
Mark I didn't disappear but I got problems with my ankle! Nice to read that you went forward with your OpenHab! I will touch it again in a couple of days!

Update on getting the BTicino BUS to speak to me....

I managed to get Openhab2 to send voice messages in two ways..

First... to Logitech Touch, squeezelite using VoiceRSS TTS service.. some issues at first but eventually worked.

Second and the best using Amazon Echo.
Alexa now speaks to me; anything I want. I can get Alexa to announce whatever message I like when a selected switches changes state. She has a nice voice too and could do other things as well. I need to do a bit more work with the Rules but announcements were working from the openhab console.

edit... also found that from Openhab control panel I can get Echo to shout out anything I type on the Speak or Remind channels text input boxes. And the best bit if using openhab cloud binding I can then do this remotely from any browser. I have already had some laughs at my partners expense with Alexa seemingly coming to life without any prompting and chatting to her when I am out of the house :D

I am now just waiting on an improved BTicino binding from @massi00 so that Openhab tracks the switch states properly and hopefully blind actions at some point :)

One reason for this is that I use dummy switches to change and show the 'state' of some things. Rain, wind, sunny, guests, deactivate specific blinds etc etc These 'states' are then used as a start or in 'only if' condition for a scenario. Now with Alexa the BUS can announce a change of state and what will happen next etc etc No more surprises and puzzles when something happens.

Last edited:
on my side, I'm slowly but surely almost able to configure devices with my python app...
if all goes well, I should have this tested in a month or two...
I will then add devices as my finances allow me to purchase them...
If anyone wants to participate, you are more than welcome

sxpert/myhomepy

Some progress with my test but I need a bit of help.
  • Alexa can now announce when a light is switched off or on. What she says is defined by me.
  • I can now voice command Alexa to turn a light on or off and Alexa will say OK and then tell me what she did using the announcement I set up.
The problem I have is that the name of the light is 'switch' to Alexa . I set everything up using PaperUI and gave the the light a name 'Office light' in PaperUI but Alexa sees it as 'switch'. The name Alexa has appears to be the channel name from the binding. So if I add more items they could all be the same name!!!

How do I change it the name so Alexa sees it as 'Office light' ?

Last edited:
Update...Fixed it myself after an evening of reading useless information and then an inspired guess... The trick was to select expose item in OpenHab cloud service and select item. Then remove devices from Alexa and rediscover. Now the switch appears in Alexa devices list with the name 'Office light' and 'switch' as before.

So, I am all set now. :cool::cool::cool::cool: Alexa can respond to my voice commands to turn BUS lights on and off. If I set it up Alexa will also inform me when a light is switched off or even when its done in the old fashioned way :) ... I have a good use for that ;)

Next to do will be dimmers and then blinds when the binding has been updated.

Last edited:
update: discovered a bug in the current F454 firmware when diagnosing an H4652/2 with one of the buttons in "CEN" mode... the gateway doesn't send the appropriate '*#1001*0*32#1*1*34##' saying this CEN is sent at address 34 ... but it does put it in when configuring the device

Update from me too. I've been helping Massimo test the BTicino binding for Openhab2. New features are coming :)

I still have problems trying to find a consistent method to get my devices found by Alexa and with nice names for voice commands. I am learning a lot a long the way.

The best approach so far in Openhab:
  • Add 'Things' without the automatic linking (simple mode off)
  • Then manually link the 'items' with a nice Alexa friendly name.
  • Then use REST API user interface to add the tag 'Lighting' for Alexa. There is a useful tool for this ...addons>Misc>REST documentation>>install, then use link http://<OpenhabIP port>/doc/index.html to access the handy tools to view and change the tagging.

The following may or may not be needed to get things working even if Alexa appears to find the your items in the web browser but then responds 'can't find device' when trying a voice command out.. It will not hurt anyway.
  • I have seen some comments saying that for Alexa you do not need to 'expose' the devices in the Openhab cloud connector but it seems not work until I do otherwise Alexa doesn't find them. More testing needed by me to check what's going on here.
  • Toggle the devices on and off until they appear in the openhab cloud event log openHAB Cloud - Log in. Then Alexa will find them and you can check the name is OK.

Along the way the cloud connector add in uninstalled itself and needed to be reinstalled. Clue.. went offline in cloud web page.

Help.....I need a way to remove an Openhab item so that it appears in the inbox again. If I do a scan for BUS things then my BUS needs a reboot. I found that scenarios with switches used in the MH202 'Only if' stop working after a openhab scan. No idea why!!

Note: Using 'Simple mode' linking results in horrid Alexa unfriendly names but with the Alexa 'Lighting' label already added... doh! It doesn't seem possible to later change the name for a simple mode created item.

Last edited:
Mark I didn't disappear but I got problems with my ankle! Nice to read that you went forward with your OpenHab! I will touch it again in a couple of days!

Hi Tony, I see you are also looking at Home Assistant :D
New platform for My Home bTicino

It would be good to bring your thoughts here so we can compare. One day I may try that too, and Google Home, depending on how things develop.

update: discovered a bug in the current F454 firmware when diagnosing an H4652/2 with one of the buttons in "CEN" mode... the gateway doesn't send the appropriate '*#1001*0*32#1*1*34##' saying this CEN is sent at address 34 ... but it does put it in when configuring the device

Hi, Do you think you will be able to replace MyHomeSuite for programming one day? I hate MyHomeSuite so an alternative would be good. The UI is old and annoying and mine now pauses for 30s every 5mins or so.. maybe my config files are too big ?

Hi, Do you think you will be able to replace MyHomeSuite for programming one day? I hate MyHomeSuite so an alternative would be good. The UI is old and annoying and mine now pauses for 30s every 5mins or so.. maybe my config files are too big ?
we'll soon be able to program H4652, F411/2 and F411/4 devices
I don't have anything else at the moment...

ok, almost there. I can now request a device to be scanned... and that updates the configuration on the integrated web site (that's a lot of javascript, damn it !)
now that I can change configuration parameters, programming is almost there

More progress with BTicino BUS and Alexa....Learning some java for the Openhab rules file:

Alexa announcements are done at a preset volume. After the announcement Alexa returns to the previous volume

Code:
rule "Windy mode On"
when
  Item Windy_Switch changed from OFF to ON
then
  val current_volume_echo = Echo_Volume.state
  sendCommand(Echo_Volume,40)
  sendCommand(Echo_Speak,"High winds have been detected. The blinds will retract until it is calm again")
  Thread::sleep(8000)
  sendCommand(Echo_Speak,"High winds have been detected. The blinds will retract until it is calm again")
  Thread::sleep(6000)
  sendCommand(Echo_Volume,current_volume_echo)
end

Some announcements are blocked during the night to avoid disturbance eg It has started to rain.

Code:
rule "Wet On"
when
  Item Wet_Switch changed from OFF to ON
then
  if ((now.getHourOfDay >= 09) && (now.getHourOfDay <= 22)) {
    val current_volume_echo = Echo_Volume.state
    sendCommand(Echo_Volume,40)
    sendCommand(Echo_Speak,"It has started to rain")
    Thread::sleep(5000)
    sendCommand(Echo_Speak,"It has started to rain")
    Thread::sleep(4000)
    sendCommand(Echo_Volume,current_volume_echo)
    }
end

Last edited:
Hi,

To sxpert,

root@HA:~# docker exec -it python3 python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/automator.py
2018-06-06 15:55:32 [CONF] Initializing configuration
2018-06-06 15:55:32 [CONF] TLS initialized
2018-06-06 15:55:32 [CONF] configuration file opened successfully
{'address': '192.168.1.40', 'port': 20000, 'session_key': 'K4ewNuje0c4vP8jo46eBX9hq2XUm1AQsSXc-wmAccag='}
2018-06-06 15:55:32 [CONF] TLS unavailable
sessions setup
jinja2 setup
routes setup
{'message': 'Task exception was never retrieved', 'exception': OSError(99, "error while attempting to bind on address ('192.168.1.40', 20000): cannot assign requested address"), 'future': <Task finished coro=<WebServer.start() done, defined at /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/webserver/web.py:143> exception=OSError(99, "error while attempting to bind on address ('192.168.1.40', 20000): cannot assign requested address")>}

I want your Myhome element to node red, but I'm not understood how this works.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom