Home Alone: 30th Anniversary Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 11/01/2021

HA.jpg

Attachments

• HA (inside).jpg
    HA (inside).jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 154
  • HA (back).jpg
    HA (back).jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Is it just me or do a lot of steelbooks, such as this one, look like someone cut up photos and slapped them down in a random fashion to hopefully come up with a unique design? I guess it must be me but this one just looks awful and should have just used the internal Kevin art in my opinion, even if it is unoriginal.

I mean i know there’s a tarantula in the film, but why is there a spider on the front ?

Last edited:
Original poster will always be the best but this one is not too bad imo...
There has been some thought put into it, the colors used are similar to the original and it has a title on the front. Will probably get a zero finish or a spot gloss at best.
I like it.

Edit: Rumors about early pics with a debossed title (US?)
Confirmed post below!

PS: Paint a bit more cropped compared to the US release
US mockup isn't precise as in hand picture confirm post below

home-alone-steelbook-4k1-jpg.1363675

Attachments

• Home-Alone-steelbook-4K1.jpg
    Home-Alone-steelbook-4K1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 909
Last edited:
US release gets a debossed title.
Still not a fan of it though, the 4K amaray is nothing special but as is often the case it's preferable to steel for me.

(pics thanks to tyrok)

Attachments

• HA_BB_steel.jpg
    HA_BB_steel.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 380
So it seems every single 4K release is pretty much a Steelbook release these days.

Given that my 4K collection will never really top 1-200, I might as well try and make every one a Steel :rolleyes::D

Not sure on this one though. Dont think i like the film enough to own it and well, the SB art is very average.

I really like the movie and can watch it over and over, but this steelbook doesn't appeal to me at all either, and its Disney so the 4K remaster will probably be nothing special.

As much as I like the movie, I think I'll wait and see what the transfer is like and get the regular edition if it turns out to be good.

Looks like Kevin gets bit by the spider and turns him into Carnage.

Live for RC members, ZAVEH12 worked for me - Zavvi UK

Any one have a spare copy? :thumbsup:

Could be an error but release date on site has changed to 11th January 2021...
@SFkilla that's some of your Xmas viewing sorted... for next year! :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom