1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Crap, I've Just Watched "The Haunting"

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Apocalypse, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got my DTS copy of The Haunting today so it just had to be watched, what can I say, this is without doubt the most room shaking movie I've ever seen. I always thought Titan AE was the king of the deep but The Haunting just blows it out of the water. There are numerous scenes that are demo material but one scene stood out from the rest and it's my new "Scariest Bass Ever" champion, it's chapter 10 when Nell says "coming mother" and you hear two enourmous thuds. My brother and I just cracked up laughing at the effect, that's how powerfull it was :eek:

Many people have said that the film is OTT in the bass dept, IMO it was needed for the film and enhanced the movie's enjoyment. If you are on the lookout for a real workout for your sub then this is the undisputed champ, other films can go lower in the bass dept (U571 for instance) but none can match the almost constant barrage of low frequencies once the action kicks off in this film.

P.S - The version I speak of is the R1 "Signature Collection" DTS ES copy, it's hard to get hold of but oh boy it was worth the wait.

Regards
    Phil

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Ah, real bass. Fun isn't it?:) Great disc, lowsy movie though!

3. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I just watched Lord Of The Rings and that's bass-tastic, too.

The bassiest movie I've had on my system so far. :D