Holocaust Denial

• Thread starter Deleted member 695993
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also being discussed here:
Personally, I find this hard to believe given that there is so much first hand evidence.

One-in-20 deny Holocaust took place

More believable is that 5-8% of UK adults are anti-semetic and will irrationaly deny anything that casts the Jewish people as victims.

Cheers,

Nigel

"Old" in -1, -2...

I think the way media portray world events anything is possible to fake. 911 and pearl harbour are just 2

Click on the red arrow next to "nheather said:" and it will take you there

Found it after I asked and we have lost the option to delete the thread so just changed to a full stop :smashin:

Makes you wonder what goes through their heads when they see all those 'Nazi megastructures' type programmes. Maybe they just fall into the government conspiracies category with chem trails, flat earth and population control via vaccines.
Sometimes I wish I was less gullible.
Now excuse me, I'm off on a potholing holiday under Denver airport.

5% of Britons think the Holocaust never happened.
48% of Britons think the Germans are our friends. :devil:

Why do you think that is funny?
Many Germans died at the hands of the Nazis.

I saw this story and was initially incredulous at the stupidity involved. However, on closer inspection the poll was of 2000 UK adults so 1 in 20, or 5% = 100 people.

Also, what were their ages? Their educational backgrounds? Their political beliefs?

Sadly, I think a certain level of ignorance is inevitable as we move further and further away from the concept of the Holocaust being a real life event to just something in the history books.

And Holocaust deniers are very weird people....

I saw footage of the first soldiers to enter a concentration and the piles of corpses left in the open.
The faces of the soldiers were total shock and some stood there paralysed by what they saw.

I saw this story and was initially incredulous at the stupidity involved. However, on closer inspection the poll was of 2000 UK adults so 1 in 20, or 5% = 100 people.

Also, what were their ages? Their educational backgrounds? Their political beliefs?

Sadly, I think a certain level of ignorance is inevitable as we move further and further away from the concept of the Holocaust being a real life event to just something in the history books.

And Holocaust deniers are very weird people....

According to Wiki, the level of anti-Semitism in the UK is "low" at about 2.4% but that could potentially account for a fair proportion of the deniers.

It’s sad that there is still so much denial. But not unsurprising when you look at the events in recent history. The hatred towards Jewish people is sadly alive and well.

Today there are whole races, countries and religions are at odds with the Jewish faith and people. Israel is not recognised by some and even omitted from official maps.

But it is just not them - throughout history going back to medieval times at least there has been a pretty widespread dislike and persecution of Jews - by many countries including pretty much all of Europe (Britain included). And I can beleive that in some that sentiment has been passed on through the generations and malingers.

And with the ongoing conflict, the combatants are commonly portrayed by the media as ‘poor innocent Palestinians’ and ‘evil Israelis’.

I can’t believe that anyone with an ounce of intelligence could deny the holocaust. More likely, I think some respondants have rephrased the question in their heads to “do you like Jews”.

Cheers,

Nigel

Today there are whole races, countries and religions are at odds with the Jewish faith and people. Israel is not recognised by some and even omitted from official maps.

But it is just not them - throughout history going back to medieval times at least there has been a pretty widespread dislike and persecution of Jews - by many countries including pretty much all of Europe (Britain included). And I can believe that in some that sentiment has been passed on through the generations and malingers.

And with the ongoing conflict, the combatants are commonly portrayed by the media as ‘poor innocent Palestinians’ and ‘evil Israelis’.

I can’t believe that anyone with an ounce of intelligence could deny the holocaust. More likely, I think some respondents have rephrased the question in their heads to “do you like Jews”.

Cheers,

Nigel
It does not help matters when some consider that any criticism of Israel and it's policies as to be antisemitic.

I actually think 1 in 20 is a pretty low figure. Just start up a 9/11 or moon landing thread and you will soon see how gullible and ignorant some people can be. This thread is saying 95% of UK people accept a fact. In my experience, that's pretty good going.

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams bro!

It does not help matters when some consider that any criticism of Israel and it's policies as to be antisemitic.

Not sure if that was meant at me, probably not. But for the record, I appreciate the difference. However, I do agree that I do see behaviour where they are all rolled up and considered the same thing.

Cheers,

Nigel

Some may, but then they’d be wrong. The IHRA definition definitely allows for criticism of Israel. Please don’t make that an excuse.

Some may, but then they’d be wrong. The IHRA definition definitely allows for criticism of Israel. Please don’t make that an excuse.

No one is making that an excuse. But you can’t stop less-informed people from making a connection. What proportion of people in the UK do you think have read the IHRA.

But they do see news reports on the same day from Benjamin Netanyahu attacking Jeremy Corbyn over anti-semitism and heavy handed responses against Palastine by Israel. The two things are talked about by the prime minister of Israel in the same breath. Little wonder than some people link the two.

Cheers,

Nigel

Update - and as if on cue

World Para Swimming Championships: Malaysia stripped of hosting 2019 event

Malaysia bans Israel because of it’s poor treatment of Palastians.
Israel’s Foreign Minister respinds accusing Malaysia of anti-semitism.

Any wonder why people think of the two issues as the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom