1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hollywood dvd release dates

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by chaz, Apr 22, 2005.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    dont no if anybody has seen this but in todays Daly Telegraph i found this it looks like hollywood is cuting down the time with dvd cinema release dates they are now thinking of bring dvds at the same time as the cinema release instead of the 4 mths delay as it is now as hollywood now knows that dvds make more monny out of dvds than at the box office there is proof in this just look at the dvd about the life of Ray Charles that was out on dvd just 14 weeks after the cinema release that must be good news for us :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I doubt they would ever release dvd’s in-line with cinema releases but I agree it makes sense to shorten the gap whilst momentum is strong.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It'll certainly make PPV/SBO and then normal movie subscription channels look even worse value if the gap between those releases extend even further.
    Offering DVD via retail at the same time as rental in my opinion harmed SKY's subscription movie channels value to the average viewer.

I heard that VOD services would be getting movies earlier which makes a lot of sense now if the DVD/Cinema release gap shortens.

4. Mr Quint

Mr Quint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,485
    Indeed, however i have not been to the Cinema for ages, why should i after the money and time i have spent perfecting my home cinema.

So RE: the release dates of DVD,s ,the sooner the better. :D