• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Holiday

SuperOwl86

Established Member
Not sure if this is the right place or not.

Anyway heading off on Holiday for 7 night cruise around the Caribbean and 7 nights in a villa in Florida. Just wondering what my best option is in regards to a sim? mainly looking to call back home and some data so i can send emails.

Currently on o2 but they said they do not offer anything really outside the EU when i asked.

Jay Z

Established Member
Maybe have a look at toggle mobile? I know they offer free roaming in 90 countries but unsure which ones.

Data will cost a bomb so its best to use WiFi where available.

KayCS

Established Member
I think a 3 network 3-2-1 PAYG sim would be good while you’re in Florida and use the “Feels Like Home” offer.

Not been to the States myself so not 100% sure how it's works but it along the lines of top up £10 before you go away then buy a bundle of ex amount of minutes, text and data and you can use this as if you were at home in the UK. So calls and text to the UK will be taken out of your bundle at no extra charge, same goes for data but there will be charges for calls to the States as if you’re in the UK so check their international rates if you are going to call USA numbers same goes for charges while around the Caribbean unless you’re still in a Feels Like Home territory.

Feel At Home. - Phones - Discover - Three

Jon Porter

Novice Member
Would you not be able to use wi-fi on the boat? If so then skype would be your best option. Incredibly cheap to make international calls. I used it myself from Trinidad and Tobago last year :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom