Holiday message to you all.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As we come to the end of 2021 i thought i’d just say thanks.

In my privileged world i get to work in many amazing homes and hear and see many amazing systems. Some of you may have heard my stories where NDA’s have not forbidden me from telling them. In these last two years since our lockdowns i’ve been involved in cinemas for rock stars, international film directors, film and games studios and the ultra wealthy, both in UK and abroad. Multi level basement cinemas with hundreds of thousands of pounds of kit in them, and amazing converted bedrooms in 7 figure flats. It is at times eye opening.

However the one thing i can always be assured of is that when i visit a forum members home i will be visiting someone who is as enthusiastic about image and sound quality as i am. Their room, be it with a solitary TV or a full blown external self build screening room, will be dedicated to giving them as much pleasure as possible and they will use them! It is these rooms, even when i have not supplied the actual audio and video kit, that are often my favourites and it is you, the forum members, who make my work such a joy. So thank you everyone and I hope you have a great holiday break, making good use of those rooms and kit you have spent your hard earned cash on.

Stay safe, peace to you all and i hope to meet even more of you in 2022

Cheers!

Gordon

SyStemDeMoN

I hope I can afford you one day !

All the best Gordon and thanks for the message.
I hope you too have a great time over the next few days.

DLxP

Distinguished Member
Well said Gordon! Have a wonderful Christmas, and see you in 2022!

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Cheers Gordon

It was great to see you this year and thanks for applying your skills so that when I power up my kit I’m supremely confident that the image onscreen will be the best that the 290 is capable of producing, and anyone that’s had a demo has been nothing but impressed.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, hope to see you next year and I promise to start saving my pennies for a previously enjoyed Lumagen :)

Mike

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Thanks Gordon, was good having you back over again this year, get your diary out as I’ll need you over again in the new year…..and then possibly again later in the year depending on what I do…..

Have a great Christmas mate 👍🏻

Praetorpwj

Merry Christmas Gordon. Good that your talents are recognised. Hope you can make it to the NorthWest sometime.

adamleon

Happy Xmas Gordon! See you soon! Adam

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Merry Christmas Gordon hope you and the family have a great one and a wonderful NewYear, don’t get yourself too drunk otherwise you’ll think your convergence is off and you’ll be breaking out your gear before you’ve had your turkey. 😂

Also like to take this opportunity to wish the whole AV community a very merry Christmas too. :thumbsup:

MickB

Many thanks Gordon, & a very Merry Christmas to you, your family, & our 'family' here :)

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Belated Merry Christmas @Gordon @ Convergent AV hope you are well and business is flourishing and will continue to do so for 2022. :smashin:

This seemed an appropriate thread for me to pop into for my annual post/check in. I used to post on here multiple times a day, mainly in this projector section, but I have drifted away from the AV scene now: I still have the gear, but I just use it rather than spending time thinking about upgrades, calibrations, improvements, etc. I've also been playing a few gigs since things opened up again, so my avatar self build Strat has got plenty of use, rehearsals and gigs keeping me busy outside of work. :)

Over the years I've conversed with many on this forum and even met some in person, so just an excuse for me to say hello. Even though I'm rarely posting, I do read from time to time. In no particular order:
@markymiles (still planning upgrades and changing your mind overnight ;) ) @Ringnut @Gary Lightfoot @Steve Stifler @kbfern @mb3195 (will you ever stop upgrading? :D) @DodgeTheViper (ditto :D) @Rock Danger (enjoy the Trinnov :smashin:) @Seriously Ltd (demo rooms look superb BTW) and not sure if he is on here anymore, but @Jagdeep too.

Just noticed some PMs as I don't get email notifications, so my apologies for not replying to them, though probably well out of date by now anyway.

Wishing you all the best for 2022, try not to take it all too seriously; it's only watching films and stuff at the end of the day. ;) Off to the guitar section for a catch up there, then log off until next Christmas. :)

DodgeTheViper

Belated Merry Christmas @Gordon @ Convergent AV hope you are well and business is flourishing and will continue to do so for 2022. :smashin:

This seemed an appropriate thread for me to pop into for my annual post/check in. I used to post on here multiple times a day, mainly in this projector section, but I have drifted away from the AV scene now: I still have the gear, but I just use it rather than spending time thinking about upgrades, calibrations, improvements, etc. I've also been playing a few gigs since things opened up again, so my avatar self build Strat has got plenty of use, rehearsals and gigs keeping me busy outside of work. :)

Over the years I've conversed with many on this forum and even met some in person, so just an excuse for me to say hello. Even though I'm rarely posting, I do read from time to time. In no particular order:
@markymiles (still planning upgrades and changing your mind overnight ;) ) @Ringnut @Gary Lightfoot @Steve Stifler @kbfern @mb3195 (will you ever stop upgrading? :D) @DodgeTheViper (ditto :D) @Rock Danger (enjoy the Trinnov :smashin:) @Seriously Ltd (demo rooms look superb BTW) and not sure if he is on here anymore, but @Jagdeep too.

Just noticed some PMs as I don't get email notifications, so my apologies for not replying to them, though probably well out of date by now anyway.

Wishing you all the best for 2022, try not to take it all too seriously; it's only watching films and stuff at the end of the day. ;) Off to the guitar section for a catch up there, then log off until next Christmas. :)
:laugh:

And all the very best to you for next year :thumbsup:

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Hi Gordon,

A lovely message but not surprising seeing as it was you 'wot wrote it'. :D

You really are one of the nicest chaps I've ever met and I'm not exaggerating as anyone whom you have met will attest.

I will need your services yet again sometime in the New Year as I've changed TV and that desperately needs calibrating and it has been a year or three since you last did my projector and the advances in the Pro leaves me wanting that re-done to!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom