1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday DV footage to DVDR via a G4 Mac...how?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by P Adams, Nov 10, 2002.

1. P Adams

P Adams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have about four hours of Sony TVR30 DV film (shot with 16:9 engaged) downloaded via imovie to my work G4 dual 1GHZ 60GB HD DVD Superdrive Mac.

I have burnt an hour test DVDR (Apple 4.2GB) disc using iDVD and played it via my Toshiba SD900e multi region DVD player through component cables to a Toshiba 42WH18B rear projection TV.

The image looks pretty good even enlarged up to 42" but the film motion is fairly 'juddery'.

I am running system 9.2.2 (I can use OSX if needed), with 756MB RAM available, I have Toast 5.2 Titanium for burning if required but I can't work out how to compress 12-15 GB of imovie footage onto the DVDR via Toast.

Can anybody help me create a smoother conversion/transfer using imovie, iDVD or Toast?

I would be most greatful as my wife and family keep asking when the great holiday adventure will be ready for viewing!

Thank you

PA

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0