Hobby room/'Man cave'/Marvel room ideas!

Fruitloop1982

Established Member
Reaction score
Having recently been given a mid-sized room to turn into a hobby room/man cave of sorts to display my 'geeky' stuff, I'm after ideas from those that have built their own.

I've made a start on the wallpapering (embossed, white washed, fake brick effect) and my sofa is due to be delivered this weekend. Being a Marvel fan, I'm thinking a Marvel inspired room. As such I've ordered some of those Marvel 3D lights, along with a Hulk wall decal. However that's as far as I've got.

I'd really appreciate it if those in the know could post some pictures of their own hobby room or share their ideas, so I can draw some inspiration?

Also it would be pretty cool to see some set ups :)

Don't have any pics of mine at the moment but it sounds similar to yours (wall paper effect brick with leather sofa).

I have the following cabinet from ikea (in red):
IKEA PS Cabinet - white - IKEA

Also have a matching display cabinet with glass shelfs for some of my lego.. but can't find it listed on the site at the min.

Going down the industrial kind of route (handy as it locks up to keep my consoles safe from little hands).

Mine isn't anything special in terms of décor.
I concentrated more of having stuff I wanted in it, like signed football tops/boxing gloves/motorbike racing memorabilia.
De rigeur leather sofa and a telly that is probably too big for the viewing distance.:thumbsup:

same on the TV front in my den type room - the TV def needs to be too big... also gone down the ikea route and kallax shelving (i have a ton of vinyl from my DJ days)...

I like the industrial theme. I was toying with that idea. Something I hope to achieve with the odd bit of chrome (lampshade etc).

Ikea are always a front runner for furniture, so I was thinking of those white Billy book cases. I'll have a look over the Easter weekend. I'm assuming that cabinet is lockable?

This is the sofa I've ordered. Give the size of the room, I can't fit any more additional seating in there sadly.

7222_2_seaterconsole.jpg

This is the wall paper I've gone for -

410KYB%2BIB5L._SX300_.jpg

Mine isn't anything special in terms of décor.
I concentrated more of having stuff I wanted in it, like signed football tops/boxing gloves/motorbike racing memorabilia.
De rigeur leather sofa and a telly that is probably too big for the viewing distance.:thumbsup:

same on the TV front in my den type room - the TV def needs to be too big... also gone down the ikea route and kallax shelving (i have a ton of vinyl from my DJ days)...

Dam straight! :) This is my problem, I've only got a 32" TV to put in there for the time being. It kinda lets the room down. Obviously I will upgrade the screen size when funds allow. I'll be straining my eyes in the mean time...

Dam straight! :) This is my problem, I've only got a 32" TV to put in there for the time being. It kinda lets the room down. Obviously I will upgrade the screen size when funds allow. I'll be straining my eyes in the mean time...

sit the screen on your lap when watching... ;)

If you like the industrial style i had a thread about lighting for my man cave (Filament style bulb advice).

I have the filament style light bulbs (See bottom of the thread above for my pictures, but quite a few pics from other members with similar lighting) which works really well. Pants for actually lighting the room, but gives a nice feel to it.

Misses hates it, i love it. Could have the best of both worlds if you wanted to fit a dimmer and have a dimmable bulb. Just stay away from the LED route as it doesn't give the same effect in my experience.

Last edited:
Leather recliner sofa - projector - speaker cables chased in - whisky shelves - job done.

Here's my man cave (complete with filament bulbs)

ImageUploadedByAVForums1458842096.450724.jpg

Nothing too special, but kids kept away as best we can.

I'm just going through the same thing - planning my room. The difference is mine is quite small and I plan to make it all desk and a comfy chair. I'm not sure about TV yet, we don't watch much TV at home, but there will be some monitors instead.

From the start I wanted to hang a brick-effect wallpaper on one wall, the rest just paint white. But now I think I'll just paint all white and one wall dark grey. It will be a gaming / editing room, so it doesn't have to be all light colours. The blinds will be shut most of the time anyway. I'll post some pictures once it will be all ready.

This is mine now (a picture from a couple of months ago) in the rented house.

Still trying to decide what to do with that printer (there are another 2 printers under the desk already). I'm not sure I want it in the new house.

ISpeMZy.jpg

Last edited:
This is mine now (a picture from a couple of months ago) in the rented house.

Still trying to decide what to do with that printer (there are another 2 printers under the desk already). I'm not sure I want it in the new house.

W4znfK7.jpg

"image does not exist"

Likeing the illuminated tower pc and budweiser can. :smashin:

Likeing the illuminated tower pc and budweiser can. :smashin:
:D It's all a bit mess and nothing matches. Very limited in what can be done in a rented accommodation. It all should look much better in a few weeks time :D

BTW I don't drink beer anymore

If you have multiple printers can you 'stack' them on those bracketless floating shelves?

If you have multiple printers can you 'stack' them on those bracketless floating shelves?
It would have to be some shelf to accommodate that monster. IIRC it weights around 30kg :D and it's bigger than the 30" monitor :)

I am contemplating selling it though. I rarely use it these days and maybe used it a dozen of times since I bought it. Seems like a waste of space if I'm honest.

Could be the bottom shelf with legs at the front :D
:)

The plan is to have a couple of drawer units on the right hand side under the window. I can place it there then. But as I say, I might just sell it instead. Not sure yet

Crappy phone snap but here's the business end of mine. Keeps me out of trouble.

2pyuvk1.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom