Hobbit Extended Trilogy 3D Blu Ray

jackal385

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 3D Extended Trilogy of the Hobbit will have an Atmos soundtrack ?

I second that no, no. :)

Or, not until the 4K versions anyway :)

Darth-Vader-NOOO-GIF.gif

Please don't say things like that, I'm still drying my eyes at replacing Star Wars again....VHS>DVD>BluRay....next what 4k....then 8k....a super super super remaster to 12k?

Was in HMV today and see they have the individual films in steel box editions....NO!

Please don't say things like that, I'm still drying my eyes at replacing Star Wars again....VHS>DVD>BluRay....next what 4k....then 8k....a super super super remaster to 12k?

Was in HMV today and see they have the individual films in steel box editions....NO!
The Hobbit films were only finished in 2K, so the benefits of a future 4K Blu-ray will be debatable.

The Hobbit films were only finished in 2K, so the benefits of a future 4K Blu-ray will be debatable.

I agree totally.....but it does not stop people taking a CD...and making a 24 bit album from it....yup the file sizes are right for 24 bit...but the sound is horrible!

Anyone picked up a copy ; and got any opinions of this yet?

Just seen it (third film, not the full trilogy) in Sainsbobs @ £20 so with Nectar double-up still running until tomorrow, I'll probably pick up a copy for 2000 points to complete my set of 3D extended Hobbits.

Last edited:
saw it in Tesco last week for £45. No one told them it was not on sale till Monday. lol

Arrived today, watched this evening.

The extended edition fills in a lot of holes and is all the better for it.

Loved every minute of it and the picture and sound were superb.

Arrived today, watched this evening.

The extended edition fills in a lot of holes and is all the better for it.

Loved every minute of it and the picture and sound were superb.

You watched all three extended films in one evening?

I'm guessing they're not the 4-hours each that the LotR extended versions are? lol

Just part three you won't be surprised to learn.

164 minutes is the official running time.

My 5 Armies extended BD still hasn't arrived from Amazon ! Looking forward to it

Picked up my copy of Five Armies today, plan to watch it Saturday then all the extras Sunday.

Watched 5 Armies extended last night. Great PQ and enjoyed the extra scenes. Great to see the dwarves actually get some screen time in this one, especially battle scenes which were good fun. The funeral scene also rounded things off nicely.

The trilogy didn't have any of the emotional wight or impact of te LOTR trilogy, but I still really enjoyed all 3 movies !

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I bit at £37 - excellent value there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom